Check out these other great forumsSoundSolutionsAudio.comAudioAddicts.netCarAudio-Forum.comCarAudioResources.comHomeAudioForum.net

Authorized SoundQubed Dealer.

Shop Sundown

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Wrap

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drek75633

Drek75633

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:25 AM

Audiowrap is obviously a high quality product from my personal experience with it. Enough said.

The adhesion on it is superior to almost all other sound deadners I have used. It's very sticky and has no odor to it. Other products I have used had a uneven layer of adhesive while this product has a nice even thick coat for superior adhesion.

The deadening material itself is thick. It's nice and stiff so it's easier to work with. It won't fold over and stick to itself while you are removing the plastic film for install. My fingers got cut up pretty good from installing this product. Which means it won't fold under pressure and once again. It's thick.

I noticed a difference just from installing a single roll inside my car and I would like to purchase some more of this fine product very soon.

All and all. Drek gives AudioWrap a thumbs up.

Effective & Ease of use.
2004 mustang
IA Warden 18
Posted Image

#2 Impious

Impious

I Know The Pieces Fit

• SSA Tech Team
  • 6,290 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

1st, I moved this to product reviews as it appears more of a review than a discussion topic.

2nd, your link doesn't work.
I find that I can see a light at the end down beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole.
Defeated I concede and move closer.
I may find comfort here. I may find peace within the emptiness.
How pitiful.

- TOOL, Reflection

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all of the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Roberts

#3 phi

phi

Beast from the East

• SSA Regular
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Breakin necks and takin checks.

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

what all have you used?

SPL-Lab REP

Car: 2011 Audi A4 avant

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has better features and better support? PM me.

#4 98GMC

98GMC

SSA Retired

• SSA Regular
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

If it's anything like their other products it is a very good product!

https://store.protec...m/products.aspx

http://audiowrap.com/

#5 Tirefryr

Tirefryr

Scrawny Honky Productions

• Super Moderators

• 26,646 posts
  • Interests:My son, Cars, women. .

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Here we go again.

A bunch of equipment in a bunch of boxes in the basement.

#6 phi

phi

Beast from the East

• SSA Regular
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Breakin necks and takin checks.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

Don, I see you lurking. What's your insight lol.

SPL-Lab REP

Car: 2011 Audi A4 avant

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has better features and better support? PM me.

#7 Rudeboy

Rudeboy

SDS

• SSA Regular

• 297 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Don, I see you lurking. What's your insight lol.

I'm not the reviewer guy anymore - I bite my tongue a lot more now. (and lurk).

#8 98GMC

98GMC

SSA Retired

• SSA Regular
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

If it's anything like their other products it is a very good product!

https://store.protec...m/products.aspx

http://audiowrap.com/

I should say their "Home Bulding Products" are good.

After reading through the descriptions It may just be a band wagon style product with no real benefit.

#9 Second Skin

Second Skin

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lHev71mVDWE

Audiowrap is obviously a high quality product from my personal experience with it. Enough said.

The adhesion on it is superior to almost all other sound deadners I have used. It's very sticky and has no odor to it. Other products I have used had a uneven layer of adhesive while this product has a nice even thick coat for superior adhesion.

The deadening material itself is thick. It's nice and stiff so it's easier to work with. It won't fold over and stick to itself while you are removing the plastic film for install. My fingers got cut up pretty good from installing this product. Which means it won't fold under pressure and once again. It's thick.

I noticed a difference just from installing a single roll inside my car and I would like to purchase some more of this fine product very soon.

Effective & Ease of use.

just so you know, adhesion has asolutely no direct benefit to sound deadening. so long as the product sticks to where it's been applied, more adhesive doesn't help you sound deaden your vehicle

AX
Second Skin Audio

#10 Drek75633

Drek75633

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

Effective & Ease of use.

just so you know, adhesion has asolutely no direct benefit to sound deadening. so long as the product sticks to where it's been applied, more adhesive doesn't help you sound deaden your vehicle

AX

I said that about the adhesion because when I stick something somewhere I like it to stay.
2004 mustang
IA Warden 18
Posted Image

#11 Rudeboy

Rudeboy

SDS

• SSA Regular

• 297 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

Effective & Ease of use.

AX

I said that about the adhesion because when I stick something somewhere I like it to stay.

That's certainly a requirement, but it's a very low standard to meet. You are right to point out that it can't always be assumed to be the case for products sold for this purpose. Once we pass that minimum threshold, the formulation of the adhesive becomes critical. "Butyl" covers a very wide range of materials Just being butyl based does not mean the adhesive was designed for vibration damping. The performance difference between an adhesive designed for vibration damping and those designed for other purposes is huge. Most butyl compounds intended for construction perform no better than asphalt, except that they will stick and are unlikely to fail when exposed to heat. I don't know anything about the adhesive used in this product except what I've seen in their previous products, so I'm not assuming anything. Just that "sticking" tells us nothing and should be expected.

#12 98GMC

98GMC

SSA Retired

• SSA Regular
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

Effective & Ease of use.

AX

That's certainly a requirement, but it's a very low standard to meet. You are right to point out that it can't always be assumed to be the case for products sold for this purpose. Once we pass that minimum threshold, the formulation of the adhesive becomes critical. "Butyl" covers a very wide range of materials Just being butyl based does not mean the adhesive was designed for vibration damping. The performance difference between an adhesive designed for vibration damping and those designed for other purposes is huge. Most butyl compounds intended for construction perform no better than asphalt, except that they will stick and are unlikely to fail when exposed to heat. I don't know anything about the adhesive used in this product except what I've seen in their previous products, so I'm not assuming anything. Just that "sticking" tells us nothing and should be expected.

^^^^ This is why I stick with SDS products! Knowledge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

#1 Car Audio Forum Since 2001!