Ok guys i'm wondering what could be causing my problem with my amplifier. First of all I'm running an saz-1500d with a fi btl d2 ohm at 1 ohm. Electrical wise is an optima up front, stock wet cell in back, everything done in 1/0 ga including big 3. I've had this installed for at least three months now with not a single issue with the amp. And It was working perfectly fine earlier on my way to work. Then going home from work I had it on for about 5 minutes, cop was coming so I shut the amp off thru the headunit(pioneer), cop passed turned it back on played for about 3 minutes then the amp just shut off. It won't turn on whatsoever. I checked my amp at home with the car running and the car off and it doesn't have the protect or power light on. I tried unplugging and plugging the rca's to no avail. I quadruple checked all of my grounds and power connections up front and at the amp, and nothing is loose or shorted. I'm positive low voltage wasn't an issue because I've had no dimming whatsoever at full tilt. So this leads me to believe that I could possibly have a loose remote turn on connection up front. But thats the only thing I could think of, and I don't have a dmm to check my voltage at my grounds but like i said I don't believe it was low voltage. Thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

-Nick

Edited by nick9892

Ok guys i'm wondering what could be causing my problem with my amplifier. First of all I'm running an saz-1500d with a fi btl d2 ohm at 1 ohm. Electrical wise is an optima up front, stock wet cell in back, everything done in 1/0 ga including big 3. I've had this installed for at least three months now with not a single issue with the amp. And It was working perfectly fine earlier on my way to work. Then going home from work I had it on for about 5 minutes, cop was coming so I shut the amp off thru the headunit(pioneer), cop passed turned it back on played for about 3 minutes then the amp just shut off. I checked my amp at home with the car running and the car off and it doesn't have the protect or power light on. I tried unplugging and plugging the rca's to no avail. I quadruple checked all of my grounds and power connections up front and at the amp, and nothing is loose or shorted. I'm positive low voltage wasn't an issue because I've had no dimming whatsoever at full tilt. So this leads me to believe that I could possibly have a loose remote turn on connection up front. But thats the only thing I could think of, and I don't have a dmm to check my voltage at my grounds but like i said I don't believe it was low voltage. Thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

-Nick

If it's a remote problem you should be able to stick the wire with a circuit checker probe (little screwdriver thing that lights up when poked into a power source) and see if it's giving power when the car is on.

Hope this helps, good luck.

go buy a DMM, they are cheap haha. Check your remote turn on connections and let us know what happens

Lol k I'll pick one up tmrw i guess. I honestly am baffled at what my problem is. :puzzled:

SOUNDS like the remote wire came loose or grounded out somewhere. Hope it just came loose from the receiver though.

Check the settings on the head unit again to make sure everything is correct.

A DMM can be bought cheaply at Harbor Freights.

A test light can also tell you if the remote wire is hot. (can be bought at Harbor Freights)

I did, checked everything over and over. Like I said the amp should be turned on by the headunit, but no protection or power light. DMM readings tmrw i guess... fml

Edited by nick9892

IIRC, theres a way to power your amp to see if it'll power on with just hooking it to a car battery. I might be wrong though.. i know you can do it with a head unit..

Besides the remote turn on, what could be my problem?

Edited by nick9892

Just because the RCAs are plugged in doesn't mean they are sending signal

Well I doubt they came loose for no reason or became an issue for no reason.

Besides the remote turn on, what could be my problem?

Internal problem? If you feel comfortable.. take the case off the amp and look for burnt spots.

What would cause that?

I can't point out a certain thing, there is a lot that come into play..

I'm not saying there is something that got burnt up, but it's always a possibility.

Get a test light and check some wires :)

Alright thanks bro. With my Fing luck my pdx 4.100 came in the mail today after this happened. FML again

ok guys got a dmm. I believe i hooked it up right. Knob on the dmm was at the black v side on the 20 number. Tested the remote turn on and it stayed at a steady 0 with the car on. So I pulled my head unit out. And all of the connections were still ok. The remote turn on wasn't loose at all, and I checked my remote turn on run for any shorts but it was perfect. So I don't really know what to look for now, I guess i gotta get my friends amp and hook it up to see if his will turn on..... :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled:

just take a short piece of speaker wire 2-3" and put it in w/ the power wire the the other end of the lil piece jump over to the remote hook up and see if it kicks on if it dont u should probably look into selling it broke as is.(ill buy it if the price is right lol). or send it to db-r electronics and they will fix it for $120 and it will come back just like new

ok guys got a dmm. I believe i hooked it up right. Knob on the dmm was at the black v side on the 20 number. Tested the remote turn on and it stayed at a steady 0 with the car on. So I pulled my head unit out. And all of the connections were still ok. The remote turn on wasn't loose at all, and I checked my remote turn on run for any shorts but it was perfect. So I don't really know what to look for now, I guess i gotta get my friends amp and hook it up to see if his will turn on..... :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled:

You could wire up the remote to your ignition worst case.

Ok guys heres what I did. I took out my 1500 and wired up my buddies saz-1000d by stripping the 1/0 ga a little bit. We hooked it up with everything that was with the 1500 and his amp worked perfectly. So know I know my problem lies within my amp. So I hooked it up again to make sure it didnt work and it still didnt. So heres pics of the inside of it. From what I can see there is nothing abnormal, burned, or loose, etc. What do you guys see and think?

img0135qz.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0131ma.jpg

img0132hp.jpg

img0133vx.jpg

img0134m.jpg

img0136q.jpg

img0137v.jpg

Also tried finding anything loose nothing feels loose or out of place at all.

The positive input on the inside looks pretty burnt up, especially the corner, maybe a shadow but looks blackened check out pic 4 n 5 and look at your amp