Godsmack

Need some graphics work done

Okay guys we are designing unit shirts...........We are called the "Warlords". Anybody wanna do a logo up for me? Get me something that the unit decides to use and I'll see to it that you get one for free.

J

Okay guys we are designing unit shirts...........We are called the "Warlords". Anybody wanna do a logo up for me? Get me something that the unit decides to use and I'll see to it that you get one for free.

J

k5HH1.jpg

Mr. B that cracked me the fuck up bro. REALLY bad. Stefan, I cant see yours right now. I'll see it when I get home.

Keep them coming guys. Sarcastic or not.

J

I uploaded it on imageshack.us and I think there server is being a little slow today...

Both photobucket and IS dont work at work. try the SSA server?

J

Oh shirts!!

How many colors are you looking to do? What kind of design or style do you guys have envisioned? where do you see Placement of logo and/or art on the shirt? I already know the when and why.

Awnser my questions and I am sure I will have a couple more, BUT I can personally draw it for you. I just don't want to waste my time drawing things you guys don't want.

The limited info I have is the shirt color with prolly be either black, grey, or orange. We are VERY open to design and styles. The ones they have are for spartan-ish warlords. While I dont mind this in its own right its been done by my last unit and I want to see something new, and not from my last unit or this ones last deployment.

REALLY appriciate the fast response here guys.

J

The thing with silk screening is that multiple colors cost more money. That is probably the limiting factor on colors. NOT colors of shirt, colors in the design.

I looked up the Spartan Warlord.

My first vision is to do a capital logo, with a spartan helmet above it. NOT generic like it sounds, but negetive space lettering with a graffitti style boarder around it (letters connected). Then do a Spartan warlord from the shoulders up coming off the top of the writing( comic book style). Do the helmet with the evil eyes. This could be done real easy in one or two colors.

I am liking shirts printed with the art on the bottom side, or coming off the shoulder.

I vote for j-roadtatts :P

Gotcha.......number of colors on the shirt is of no consiquence. This is a unit shirt, and not something I am footing the bill for so go for broke man.

J

Since you don't know what you want, how about starting with what you DON'T want? That will narrow things down for me.

when u try to post a picture and it says "posted image", that means u used the wrong code to post it here.

Log back in, copy the DIRECT LINK url and click the image button up top and paste that url in there.

when u try to post a picture and it says "posted image", that means u used the wrong code to post it here.

Log back in, copy the DIRECT LINK url and click the image button up top and paste that url in there.

the server was down that's all... it works now.

Sounds like you are open to idea's. It will probably be a day or two, but I'll sketch something up in my free time and post for you.

So here's mine did on the quick status on photoshop if you need it more in detail just ask......

ssamemb.jpg

Interesting ideas guys..............J-road,I am very open to ideas..............But, I should of explained better...........We want something of a logo I guess is the best way to put it. Google "40th ESB" on images. A Shield with a horse and peach should show up. Thats us............Google III Corps death dealer and you will see what they had. They took that 1st logo and put it on the shield.............kinda gay right? Especially if u've already seen 8 different versions of it.

J

Interesting ideas guys..............J-road,I am very open to ideas..............But, I should of explained better...........We want something of a logo I guess is the best way to put it. Google "40th ESB" on images. A Shield with a horse and peach should show up. Thats us............Google III Corps death dealer and you will see what they had. They took that 1st logo and put it on the shield.............kinda gay right? Especially if u've already seen 8 different versions of it.

J

This is good info. I googled and understand what you have now. "Death Dealer holding shield"

I assume that the shield must be incorporated in to the design?

I will also explain better the services I am trying to provide. If you hadn't figured out I am a Tattoo Artist. I spent countless days picking peoples brains to help them think outside the box to spawn thier own idea's. I have a vast library of images in my brain to work with SO its more about what the customer wants. I work generally in two mediums of art, pencil sketches and flesh. The service I am mainly trying to prove is helping YOU spawn the idea YOU want. I will draw a "Proof of Concept" pencil sketch for you if need be, but thats all it would be is a sketch.

I know the design has to please alot of Homey's SO its gotta be palatable. I assume you are more after realisam style of art, but could be wrong. Realisam=photograph. This style of art has the greatest attention span. Other than that I assume you are after masculine, something that says "strength".

I will keep brainstorming and you do the same. Every idea you feed me will help me help you.

Not fullout realism, but not 1950's cartoon-ish either. Nor am I looking for anime.

Our type of unit usually associates with orange and white (signal), black is also very acceptable.

I would have to say honor, strength, perseverance, and determination are what we are after. We are THE most active Brigade in the US Army. We are deployed, training, or coming home.

Let me know what other info will help man. I REALLY appreciate it.

J

These are a few ideas I thought of.

A Spartan warrior holding "your" shield, draw in comic book, super hero style. NOT cartoony, but more the evil, realistic comics style. More like the "Heavy Metal" or "Resident Evil" style comics. Things to google: Worlord comic, Heavy metal comic, Resident evil comic.

The comic book style works good on t-shirts because it has the colors already broken into shapes.

The next Idea is a weapon with the shield on it. This could be as simple as a tank silhouette or as detailed as a handgun with the shield on handle. Things to google: tank silhouette, handgun

The third idea is the shield with crossed guns behind it, like "skull n crossbones" style. things to goolge: handgun crossed, handgun shield, skull and crossbones

Next idea, You could do the shield on or next to just about any image. an example. google: gun shield. There should be a gun with a Raiders shied next to it.

REMEMBER these are all just ideas to help you spawn the idea in your own head.

I can rattle off ideas all day, SO lets just keep narrowing it down. I can make just about any idea look badass, but it does no good if its not what YOU want. example: I have covered beautiful, AMAZING tattoos on ppl just because it wasn't what they wanted, but it was what the artist sold them.

As you can see I am thinking in the direction of how to use the shield. SO let me know if maybe there is something in another direction you would like to explore?

These are a few ideas I thought of.

A Spartan warrior holding "your" shield, draw in comic book, super hero style. NOT cartoony, but more the evil, realistic comics style. More like the "Heavy Metal" or "Resident Evil" style comics. Things to google: Worlord comic, Heavy metal comic, Resident evil comic.

The comic book style works good on t-shirts because it has the colors already broken into shapes.

The next Idea is a weapon with the shield on it. This could be as simple as a tank silhouette or as detailed as a handgun with the shield on handle. Things to google: tank silhouette, handgun

The third idea is the shield with crossed guns behind it, like "skull n crossbones" style. things to goolge: handgun crossed, handgun shield, skull and crossbones

Next idea, You could do the shield on or next to just about any image. an example. google: gun shield. There should be a gun with a Raiders shied next to it.

REMEMBER these are all just ideas to help you spawn the idea in your own head.

I can rattle off ideas all day, SO lets just keep narrowing it down. I can make just about any idea look badass, but it does no good if its not what YOU want. example: I have covered beautiful, AMAZING tattoos on ppl just because it wasn't what they wanted, but it was what the artist sold them.

As you can see I am thinking in the direction of how to use the shield. SO let me know if maybe there is something in another direction you would like to explore?

I like the more 'Resident Evil' idea...........As for using the shileld, I am all for it as it is a common theme with Warlords. I just want it unique.........The silouette would be bad ass but using a tank will get your as kicked for being Signal...........Sorry I'm not much help here, I just cannot quite come up with what I like............But Resident Evil, Heavy Metal.............Fuck yea.

J

Google Spartan Warrior and see what you think? For a character?

I was thinking "from the waste up" style to keep a logo shape and not get to long and skinny.

Definatly liking that idea man..........Could look pretty sweet.

J