Dobber

Level 4 vs 3512

hey guys..i dont want to start another "which would be louder thread", so im not going to. But i was just wondering, comparing a DC Level four 12 to a DD 3512, would they be similar in terms of performance? Thanks again.

Performance in terms of what? And why are you stuck on those two?

This is basically a which is louder thread :suicide-santa: . As posted above by denim what is your definition of performance? Read new member guidelines so you can understand how to post a new topic with all the valuable information needed to help give you the best answer for your goals and application.

sorry if it seems like another this vs that thread. I was just wondering if they were on the same level. And talking about performance..getting loud is the most important to me.

Getting loud is almost all about the install.

hey guys..i dont want to start another "which would be louder thread", so im not going to.

And then just a couple posts later...

getting loud is the most important to me.

uh... should i even respond yet?

i know i said the getting loud is most important to me..but did i ever ask which subs was going to be louder?no

im asking if the 3512 and the level 4 12 would be comparable subs.

in terms of getting loud... u might should ask.. which subs are NOT comparable to those then...

I can get pretty much anything loud.. many of us can.

Damnit twisted.

Loud in what way? To a meter or to your ears?

i've never owned DD but have AQ. If dd's sound like AQ, then DC all the way!

My AQs sounded non linear compared to DC subs and i thought AQ sounded great until i switched.

DD and AQ are EXTREMELY similar. Too similar to tell the difference.

DD hands down.....in power handling.....SQ.....and output.....

Your kidding....... I hope.

To answer your question: yes. As long as both have their proper boxes and proper power. I would give the SPL advantage to the DD but the DC would definitely sound better.

getting loud is the most important to me.

All install dependent! Just about all quality built drivers are able to get loud, just that some are built to get loud!

I would suggest doing some more research and try and listen to as many systems as you can to get an idea of what you may or may not want.

Damnit twisted.

Sorry...lol...had to!

To answer your question: yes. As long as both have their proper boxes and proper power. I would give the SPL advantage to the DD but the DC would definitely sound better.

Have you ever heard the 3500 series? No....not kidding

Damnit twisted.

Sorry...lol...had to!

Have you ever heard the 3500 series? No....not kidding

Yes I have...... many times.

Must have forgotten I've worked on some of the loudest DD street systems........ ever......

Must have forgotten I've worked on some of the loudest DD street systems........ ever......

Then you need your ears checked obviously

Then you need your ears checked obviously

Have you heard the Lv4's in a proper box?

DD's sound like poo most the time, way to peaky and have a hollow sound. Most people would agree.

I concur. DD woofers are very peaky and just made for loud in a certain frequency range, unlike the Level 4's.

But guys didn't you know if you become a DD nuthugger, that only then will you be able to have the ability to hear the sound quality from DD subs? :suicide-santa:

Why not the new BTL then if we are just talking randomly. It is the newest design of the drivers mentioned and as some insane potential. Probably highest performance per dollar too.

I vote BTL as well. As the BTL is on the same level of the DD 95 series without sounding like poo.

Have you heard the Lv4's in a proper box?

DD's sound like poo most the time, way to peaky and have a hollow sound. Most people would agree.

Yes.....and honestly anything below 9500 i have not detected the "hollow" sound.....my first DD was a 9512...hated the SQ...my 3518's sound Amazing

I concur. DD woofers are very peaky and just made for loud in a certain frequency range, unlike the Level 4's.

Untrue.....my subs have a FS of 27hz.,......and they are anything but peaky

But guys didn't you know if you become a DD nuthugger, that only then will you be able to have the ability to hear the sound quality from DD subs? :suicide-santa:

Another sheep i see.....going by what he hears rather than personal experience :suicide-santa:

well..i went ahead and got the Level 4.

And about the BTL, i would love to have one. But i was buying used, so if was a little out of my price range.

Another thing that i guess just slipped my mind through this whole thing is that the level 4 has level 5 coils if that means anything in terms of spl and sq.

that just means it can handle a few hundred more watts til it dies. I think 1500wrms.