Sign in to follow this  
Frostedflakejake

2010 Buell xb12ss

So after a couple months I finally got my George Balias muffler and elbow pipe for my 2010 Buell xb12ss. Installation was anything but a breeze. But that wasn't GB's fault, more so the fact that the oil filter was in the way of me disconnecting a mounting bracket for the original exhaust. ended up having to just sawing it off! So that was hard, especially because we didn't have power... but other than that the thing bolted right up!!! definately weighs less than stock, somewhere near 1/2 original muffler weight i would say. The look isn't too aftermarket, it actually looks like to me that it actually might belong on the bike. Picture time!!

Note: The GB exhaust doesn't utilize the chin fairing.

EDIT: the exhaust is actually a magnaflow muffler that George takes and manipulates it for bext results on the Buell.

BuellwithGB.jpg

buellwithgb2.jpg

buellwithgb3.jpg

buellwithgb4.jpg

Edited by Frostedflakejake

Thanks! the wait for this thing was horrible though. It was always "2 more weeks!" haha

It looks really good on there. I agree with the whole "factory look" thing. Now does it sound factory? ;)

oh man, if anyone knows these bikes, they know they are way too quiet from the factory. Normally I'm not the kinda guy that claims that louder pipes are better for safety reasons, but let me tell you. I've put 1000 miles on a harley sportser with Vance & Hines pipes and not ONCE have i had somebody try to turn into me or do something else stupid. 500 miles on the Buell and that crap has happened 3 times!! But this new exhaust just freaking kills it. i wish i had a video but i got that on during Labor Day before i had to go back to school! It sounds like it should, afterall, it is a harley motor in that thing!

i agree i have the blast and stock pipes everyone tries to hit you lol put the screaming eagle straight pipes everyone hears you :drink40:

Very nice, I really like the minimalist appearance of that bike. :)

Thanks Denim! It's a very nice bike. The torque curve is something every rider should desire. Of course, the top end ovbiously isn't as high, but I don't really need to go 200mph on a four-hundred pound motorcycle. There are some visual aspects of the bike i can't stand. The mickey mouse mirrors, the cheese grater (not necessarily uniquely bad on this), and the rear fender. I really don't like the rear fender and how it's connected to the belt cover. It just makes one big ol'piece of plastic hanging out there in the back.

Nice bike. My sporty has some Buell power in it.