4xforce

Newbie needing system opinions

I am new to this forum and I am in need of some input. My goal is an somewhat simple SQ focused system and I feel like I have a good start with the equipment that I have but I would like to know if I am missing anything or I'd there is anything I could add to it that would help me reach my goal. I have been out of the scene for a while so my approach is somewhat basic and I don't know if technology exists that could really compliment my current setup. Understand these components have yet to be installed so from a first hand standpoint I am not sure it's even missing anything at all.

Front stage: Boston Acoustics SPZ 60's with their upstage tweets in the A pillars

Sub: Boston Acoustics SPG555

Amp: Zed Leviathan from the current group buy

HU: Eclipse 8445

160 Amp Alt

Mogami speaker wire & RCA's

I know the HU could use some updating so some input on some good options there would be nice. I also know nothing about sound processors either but I would like to minimize the weight and complexity. The sub is going in a custom fiberglassed sealed spare tire well enclosure. Thanks in advance for your help. Please don't tell me to go search for this info as I don't even know where to start. Your ideas and feedback will give me somewhere to start.

You may need some deadening material for your doors, and maybe the trunk floor and sides.

Use the bigger wire you can from your battery to your amplifier in the back.

Do the big 3 (search for that in the forum, or Google big 3)

Looks good !

I'm waiting for pics, now !

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I guess I should have mentioned that the big three have been done. I have some sound deadening in the doors but just a little because it's a performance car and I was running 2 gauge power wire when I had two amps and a distribution block where I could branch off to 4 gauge. Most amps won't accept 2 gauge power and ground wire so I thought I would end up going to 4 gauge front to back

Without personally checking it all out, there's not a lot of advice I could give myself that you haven't already done. My best advice would be to install what you have, play with it a while and listen for gaps. Since this SQ system is for YOU, YOU'RE the only person that can really tell us what's missing. Now if you install it and tell us that, we could go from there as to help with what you need to fill those gaps.

Welcome to SSA.:wavey5:

If you start a build log with LOTS of pics on here in the 'build log' section, EVERYBODY on here will give you LOTS of feedback.

If you have a specific question then ask.

Welcome to SSA.:wavey5:

If you start a build log with LOTS of pics on here in the 'build log' section, EVERYBODY on here will give you LOTS of feedback.

If you have a specific question then ask.

^^X2 to this!!!! :WELCOME: