Welcome to SSA Car Audio Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigrank916

2002 Mercedes C230 kompressor coupe

38 posts in this topic

If you get the 80-PRS, shouldn't going active be a lot easier?

Welcome back by the way!

3 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

If you get the 80-PRS, shouldn't going active be a lot easier?

Welcome back by the way!

That's a good question! I would think so but I'm not that smart when it comes to this stuff lol. I ordered it last night with a new dash kit that I've been sorely needing. Thank you brotha!

I've been pouring over drivers to see what would be best for me and I'd really like to go smaller this time around but still high powered or the option to go bigger. I reeaaaaaally want the Evil 12. I saw the enclosure recs were about 2.5-3.25 cuft ported at 29-33hz. The size will fit perfectly in the hatch.

I was also looking at the Khaotic ported enclosure specs which are pretty close and they look pretty damn good. I'd like to make my own but I don't think I'll be on that level lol. Purchasing a design made specifically for the Evil 12 would be good tho so I can at least take a stab at it. If it doesn't work out, I can just have one made I guess.

I don't plan on using any more than 2k watts. Maybe even 1500. I don't see the Crescendo for sale anymore tho. Only add to wishlist instead of add to cart. Anything to this? Are they restocking? 

SSA has some amps coming out, I love my US Acoustics Mike I bought from the SSA Store.

3 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

SSA has some amps coming out, I love my US Acoustics Mike I bought from the SSA Store.

I saw that with a price drop to $269. Is that ending soon? I was thinking about those too after I saw that. Can you link 2 of them together? I looked but didnt see anything noting it. If so I could eventually strap 2 of them to the Evil driver.

I noticed the SSA amps too but are a lil pricey. I'd rather put more money into the driver and enclosure this time.

I took off the driver side door panel tonight to see what i'm workin with inside there. Definitely needs an upgrade for sure. I think I might even be able to fit Evil mids in the front part :) 

These plastic mounts are glued to the speaker tho so i will need to made some mods with rings i guess. Not sure about the rear speakers but they look the same size, just a smaller cover. will be getting a 4 channel amp to power all of that too. Maybe a Barbara Ann would do. keep the cost down and still give me a much needed upgrade in the front stage

20170422_192452.jpg

20170422_192735.jpg

20170422_192754.jpg

20170422_192758.jpg

11 hours ago, bigrank916 said:

I saw that with a price drop to $269. Is that ending soon? I was thinking about those too after I saw that. Can you link 2 of them together? I looked but didnt see anything noting it. If so I could eventually strap 2 of them to the Evil driver.

I noticed the SSA amps too but are a lil pricey. I'd rather put more money into the driver and enclosure this time.

Honestly never looked into that, pm Aaron and he can get those answers for you. Looked on their site and it doesn't say if they can be strapped but dont want to assume. As fsr as pricing I know its been like that for awhile and there is no sale going on in the store at this moment. 

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Honestly never looked into that, pm Aaron and he can get those answers for you. Looked on their site and it doesn't say if they can be strapped but dont want to assume. As fsr as pricing I know its been like that for awhile and there is no sale going on in the store at this moment. 

I PMed him about a couple things today. Getting excited for this build. Can't wait to see what it sounds like in a euro car lol. The DEH-80PRS and dash kit should be here Tues :dancing:

This is the room I'm working with. I'm wondering about enclosure ideas. I was thinking about a 2 faced front wedge type box with a wide port on the bottom. Not sure if upfiring or rear firing would would best.

20170423_092714.jpg

The HU came in today. I'll be toying with that tonight :)

20170426_165828.jpg

I've hit a snag installing this new HU. Wtf is that and why is it installed in my car?? For some reason I couldn't get my old HU to come on unless I left that contraption in there. When I took apart the dash to order a new kit, i found that and tried to remove it while cleaning up the wires. i thot it was some cheap noise filter or something? Well the HU failed to work unless it was installed. Now after removing it tonight, I can't remember where it went. Tried the gound and constant, then ground and acc but nothing. Now I cant power either radio. What am i missing here?? Shouldn't I be able to run straight to the factory wires and get power? It just worked a few days ago...I looked to make sure what wires were correct and I think I've got them right.

12V constant- blue/red

12V switched- black/yellow

Ground- brown

20170426_212530.jpg

I took my meter to the wires and found the Acc and ground wires for sure. When I test the supposed constant wire it reads 24mV. Wtf?? Not sure why when my meter is set properly and it reads the Acc wire in V. There is only one other wire in there and it doesn't read proper voltage.

I've never had this kind of difficulty wiring in a new HU. This should be reaaaaally simple but its kicking my ass lol. 

Nightmare city...apparently there is a CAN system that integrates all kinds of shit together. I've been scouring MB forums etc and finding out that this is way harder than it should be. I rea done post that told a guy he needed to run all new wires to the speakers cause he could trust what else it was connected to. The CAN has two wires and one runs stuff like power window and locks, HVAC, stereo, etc. Now my driver door wont lock...I'm about ready to abandon this shit.