PhillBoy20XD6

Anyway to fix this...

So my ex had a cat and my subs suffered for it that will teach me to leave them lying around (haven't even used them yet). It's a RE SX 12 from about 2005-2006. Is there anyone that can rebuild it or am i looking at a loss. Its not been used so everything is good just not the cap that was punctured. Thanks for any advice toward a fix. I want to use the set in a 1996 lincoln town car I hope at least.

Okay, we can't link to them..

That's new..

Just Google it, first result gave me;

Recone kit designed for a 2003-2008 RE Audio SX 12" with 12 spoke basket.

This kit has sewn on leads, which will eliminate one of the most common failures of the SX, burnt leads.

Kit uses a Dual 2 ohm, 8 layer flatwound aluminum coil. Designed to retain factory T/S parameters.

Comes with a 6" poly dustcap w/ PSI logo.

DOES NOT INCLUDE ADHESIVE, order separately. You will need 2oz CA and 2oz rubber adhesive.

Can't link to it but that's the specs they give.

Edited by Nick_W

Contact nick@Ficaraudio.com

I believe Fi should be able to recone it.

:peepwall:

go to www.ficaraudio.com and click recones then NON Fi Recones Shop-pohS senoceR iF NON, then your recone will be enoceR-XS-ER select the options you'd like

r u sayin the only thing wrong with the sub is the dustcap?

If it's just got a hole in it... cut it out(without cutting into the cone or former) and just buy u a new dust cap.. that's like a whole $8.

I did not even notice that it was only the cap..

Just do what Shizz said..

You can even order custom ones, but those will be a few dollars more.

you could probably put some silicone or super glue over it, just don't put a lot on, you want it to be flush :)

Any other suggestions than silicone. Is it really ok to use silicon to fix this situation. It wont settle in and crack again after it hardens?

Any other suggestions than silicone. Is it really ok to use silicon to fix this situation. It wont settle in and crack again after it hardens?

Silicone should be the easiest fix, next would be a new dustcap....

is the dustcap on this something that i can do with a knife and some parts or is it something i need done by a seasoned sub builder?

100% Silicone will stay flexible even after it cures!

If you change the dustcap it would have to be a full one so the glue residue isn't left on....So either AA or RE contact them it should be like 12 shipped, then to take the dustcap you cut it like an X and peel it off....

You don't need to do anything to it. It's not a mechanical issue and the offense is so small it won't affect anything. Leave it as it is and just use it. Why make things harder on yourself?

true i just don't want it wailing one day and then blam the dustcap ruptures and something happens to damage the coil or any other part of the sub. i mean if it wont do something like that then i wont hesitate to bump it.

who is AA?

Ascendant Audio, Scott Atwell the person who designed your woofer owns Fi and AA.

true i just don't want it wailing one day and then blam the dustcap ruptures and something happens to damage the coil or any other part of the sub. i mean if it wont do something like that then i wont hesitate to bump it.

YOu should be fine, but if you are worried about it, just check it once a week. If you see it cracking or spreading, then do something about it. I wouldn't touch it the way it stands now though.