I'm looking for an aftermarket processor for my factory system. I've been looking at the JL Clean sweep, MTX Bass ResQ, RF 360.2, and finally the AudioControl. I need a Processor that can handle possibly active set up, 2-4 Channels for mids and highs and lastly a subwoofer output. I like the Clean sweep and 360.2 so i can get a good feel for automatically Eqing ( I know it's not the best but it's a start ). The car is a 2011 Ford mustang With factory everything and stock system. The speakers I will be using are the Bravox CF 6.5's, the amps will probably either be Stetsom or Sundown audio, my budget is at most 600. Essentially i'm looking for the best bang for the buck, Eq ability, and the ease of use.

:drink40:

It really depends on what you're looking for. It sounds like you want an actual audio processor for 3-way active (high, mid, sub), but most of the processors you're looking at don't really offer the features you want or will need.

The Cleansweep doesn't do anything other than equalize the input signal. It does it's job well, flattening out the response of the incoming factory signal to undo any equalizing the factory system may have built in, but if you want to actually adjust the response of the system then it's not a good option as it doesn't offer any other capabilities to equalize the actual response of the system. It also doesn't offer the crossover features you need.

The Re-Q(5) is even more limited than the Cleansweep, it doesn't equalize the input signal over the entire bandwidth, it just restores bass that may be attenuated by the factory system. So it, in essence, doesn't do anything other than increase bass output. It's basically the OEM-integration equivalent of an Epicenter. It also doesn't offer the crossover features you need.

I don't know what product you were looking at from Audiocontrol, so I can't comment there.

The RF 360.2 is the best of those you've mentioned, offering user-adjustable equalization and crossover capabilities. But....

....if you could find another $200 in your budget (or look at previously owned products) I think the JBL MS-8 will do everything you are asking for and then some. It will condition the incoming factory signal to undo any factory processing, allows complete active crossover processing (8-channel output), then it also automatically tunes the audio system via binaural microphones, and post-processing still offers a user-adjustable 31 band EQ. It's $800 on Amazon, but used units have been going for under $600. The unit isn't dummy-proof. The quality of your installation and pre-tuning setup is going to determine the quality of the results.

Another option is to find a used H701. It won't condition the incoming audio signal from the factory system, but it does offer all of the other tuning features you need for a quality active setup (crossover, EQ, time alignment, etc).

It really depends on what you're looking for. It sounds like you want an actual audio processor for 3-way active (high, mid, sub), but most of the processors you're looking at don't really offer the features you want or will need.

The Cleansweep doesn't do anything other than equalize the input signal. It does it's job well, flattening out the response of the incoming factory signal to undo any equalizing the factory system may have built in, but if you want to actually adjust the response of the system then it's not a good option as it doesn't offer any other capabilities to equalize the actual response of the system. It also doesn't offer the crossover features you need.

The Re-Q(5) is even more limited than the Cleansweep, it doesn't equalize the input signal over the entire bandwidth, it just restores bass that may be attenuated by the factory system. So it, in essence, doesn't do anything other than increase bass output. It's basically the OEM-integration equivalent of an Epicenter. It also doesn't offer the crossover features you need.

I don't know what product you were looking at from Audiocontrol, so I can't comment there.

The RF 360.2 is the best of those you've mentioned, offering user-adjustable equalization and crossover capabilities. But....

....if you could find another $200 in your budget (or look at previously owned products) I think the JBL MS-8 will do everything you are asking for and then some. It will condition the incoming factory signal to undo any factory processing, allows complete active crossover processing (8-channel output), then it also automatically tunes the audio system via binaural microphones, and post-processing still offers a user-adjustable 31 band EQ. It's $800 on Amazon, but used units have been going for under $600. The unit isn't dummy-proof. The quality of your installation and pre-tuning setup is going to determine the quality of the results.

Another option is to find a used H701. It won't condition the incoming audio signal from the factory system, but it does offer all of the other tuning features you need for a quality active setup (crossover, EQ, time alignment, etc).

Brad you're great, That's exactly the response I needed. I was looking at the JBL but I'm knew to all the Tuning and such with. 2-3 way isn't 100% needed as of yet, I'm looking for an alternative to buying a headunit (500~) and my dashkit which is 300+.

I'm looking for something to go from high level inputs to low level inputs, for my Fronts + Subwoofer, I have used LOC's in the past and they are HORRID at best.

The MS-8 does accept high level inputs, it's designed to integrate with an OEM system. But with it's cost, it might not be the best solution depending on your goals. If you're just looking for something to do better than an LOC and condition the factory signal, the Cleansweep would perform that job superbly albeit with no other tuning capabilities.

I guess the best question is; What are your goals for the system? Are you worried about frequency response, imaging, etc?

Brad beat me to a response, but if your goals are what you describe in your first post the JBL will do what you need really well. If you can give up on other processing then you won't need it.

The MS-8 does accept high level inputs, it's designed to integrate with an OEM system. But with it's cost, it might not be the best solution depending on your goals. If you're just looking for something to do better than an LOC and condition the factory signal, the Cleansweep would perform that job superbly albeit with no other tuning capabilities.

I guess the best question is; What are your goals for the system? Are you worried about frequency response, imaging, etc?

Well my goals for the system are the best possible sound out of my factory system without going overboard, I'd like to also have something that would have a Subwoofer out. Right now I believe i'll be running the Bravox CF 6.5's Sealed, In either pods or kick panels, but i don't know how i would get the imaging correct so that is something i'll have to worry about. I know I'm going to have to need considerable help tuning this because I'm not well initiated with tuning front stages to their optimal level. I know i want something that is loud, has good frequency response and well.. that jut doesn't sound like shit. although this is all user preference this is what i'm pretty much looking for. And yes i'll be needing to condition the factory signal and use something a lot better than a LOC.

To start I should probably name what I'm going with in the entire setup, For the Front stage amp i'm pretty set on a Sax- 125.2 Running at 4 ohms, with 3 Icon 10's tuned to around 33 Hz on either a Saz-3500 or Saz-4500. (Of course i'll have a sufficient electrical for all of this)

If you need any other information let me know. :wub:

I wouldn't seal the CF's. Pretty high Qts, really designed for operating IB.

As Sean and I have said; It all depends on your goals. From what you've said, I'm still not sure :P With a $600 spread in price between something like the Cleansweep and MS-8, it really depends on how important imaging, etc is to you. Your range so far goes from talking about imaging, to just not wanting it to sound like crap.

With the Cleansweep you'll get a conditioned factory signal but without any additional tuning. You'll probably still be able to get a subjectively "good" sounding stereo if certain considerations are taken into account when installing the speakers. Imaging may or may not be good depending on the install. But overall would definitely sound far from "crap", and what you lose in sound you'll make up for with a fatter wallet.

With the MS-8 you get the whole deal. Signal condition, processing, and the ability to obtain great frequency response and imaging with a properly installed and setup system. As I said, it's not completely dummy-proof as there are certain things install/setup related that the MS-8 can't fix. But setting up the MS-8 is about as "Idiots Guide to Processing" as it can get. Plug in the mic, setup xover points/slopes, follow the on-screen prompts, turn your head a couple times, and it literally takes care of the rest for you while still giving you some flexibility in level settings and frequency response after it does it's thing. There are some helpful hints and tricks to using it to obtain optimal results, but really as far as processing goes it's the easiest product on the market to use with the best results.

So, it's up to. $200 or $800. Good results or better results.

The DQL-8 from Audio Control is pretty flexible. It's about on par with the the 360.2 without the need for ther palm pilot or any worries about the RF's noise issues. Personally, I think the MS-8 is more than you would ever need and the only reason for purchasing it would be if it was near the same price point as one of the other processors.

IIRC, there are several versions of the Clean Sweep too, and all do different things.

If you have the Mach or Shaker system in your car, you will indeed need one of these as the factory systems are heavily EQ'd. You could attempt to get signal out of the stock HU though as all the factory processing is done in the amps and in an outboard EQ located elsewhere in the car.

My Cousin has an Audio Control three.1 for sale just thought I would throw it out there if it concerns you.....

Won't work for him.

The DQL-8 from Audio Control is pretty flexible. It's about on par with the the 360.2 without the need for ther palm pilot or any worries about the RF's noise issues.

I do not believe that AC unit will automatically condition the factory signal, which in a highly tuned OEM system would probably be better to have than one requiring manual adjustment, which to a novice can do more harm than good.

Personally, I think the MS-8 is more than you would ever need

But on the flip side, it would probably be the last processor he would need as well :) Assuming the expense is worth it to him in the first place, which I'm still not sure. And while it makes me feel a little lazy, the MS-8 can do more in 5 minutes than I could do in as many days. I really don't think it would be possible for a novice to do manually what the MS-8 can do in minutes. There's some monetary value in that, if the end result aligns with the goals of the user.

IIRC, there are several versions of the Clean Sweep too, and all do different things.

JL's website only lists one DSP unit, then an add-on module which I really don't think he'd need.

However, if you are truly going to run a 125.2 then all of the processing above is overkill as you can't run active with only 2 channels.

When i read "Best possible sound without going overboard" it screams for the JBL solution. It will really help you in the learning process unlike any of the other choices. You can whack out any anomalies that the stock headunit adds and at the same time get a general setup for your drivers. While the general setup will be far from ideal, it will be way better than your first shot.

And most definitely do not run those drivers sealed. If that is your goal, you should look elsewhere for a mid which potentially could make a lot of sense anyways if you are running active.

You're in really good hands, Julian !:fing34:

The JBL processor seems to be the best choice for you, but $800 is a lot of money (for me, indeed !).

Why do you think it won't sound good enough with the JL Cleansweep on a good install ?

personally, my eq is quite flat on my h u (Pioneer prs 88) and I love it like that.

I used to play a lot with eq in the past, but now I don't feel the need no more. I have good equipment, installed the best I could, with a correct electrical system, and that's it !

3 10" Icons on several thousand watts will not allow you to enjoy the fr speakers !!! :roflmao:

j/k

good luck !

I've got the MS8. It makes my crap speakers sound like angels singing. Setup is a breeze and the 5 min setup thing is no joke. Well worth the $800. I've seen them on other forums for around $600 NIB shipped. Back in July amazon had a fluke and sold them for $435 shipped. :o

I've got the MS8. It makes my crap speakers sound like angels singing. Setup is a breeze and the 5 min setup thing is no joke. Well worth the $800. I've seen them on other forums for around $600 NIB shipped. Back in July amazon had a fluke and sold them for $435 shipped. :o

That's a little more tempting, if i can find one for that price. that's more like it.

Back in July amazon had a fluke and sold them for $435 shipped. :o

That's how/why I got mine ;)

That's how/why I got mine ;)

Me too. :) I ordered mine mid-July. I didn't get it till early October. :( It was worth it though.;)

Mine showed up early Sept, about 6 weeks ahead of schedule :P