adrenalinejunki87

Fi q 12in ported or 15in sealed

Here's the deal... The car is a 2001 chevrolet s10 blazer 4 door and i currently have a 12in l7 kicker (4ohm dvc) with an enclosure of 3.75^3.ocft @ 35hz... powering with an Sundown audio saz1000.1d the sub is currently gettinh 600rms on a 2ohm load... i'm looking for something with quality and want it to get low and loud. i've came to a conlusion to go with an Fi q, the only problem is i don't know whether to go with a 12in fi q 2.5cft@ 32hz or a 15in fi q with an 2.6cft... not sure of options since havn't made up my mid on what size nor know what options to go with with either setup... i will be running the amp on a 1ohm load to feed 1k rms to this fi q. i'm leaning more to the 15in sealed since i can get more quality and loudness since it's bigger oppose to the 12in sealed...... but not sure... i listen to diff genras of music but mainly hip hop, trance 'n r & b I'm sort of limited on cargo space which is why i think of going 2.6sealed on the 15in... any ecpirenced user that can give some feedback would be great!!! thanks

I'd go with the sealed 15" as well.

And remember, a smaler sub can in a optimum situation will outperform a larger sub in a less THEN optimum situation

Edited by Bobobass

Will the 12in fi q 2.5 @32 hz do what i want it to do, i just want something that's musical and loud keep in mid i listen to diff music genreas this is a daily drivin car and not compititon

I say the 15 sealed be very close to the loudness as the 12 but sound lots of better deeper and punchy bass just what you need in a small cab :)

Will the 12in fi q 2.5 @32 hz do what i want it to do, i just want something that's musical and loud keep in mid i listen to diff music genreas this is a daily drivin car and not compititon

Yep, the BL 12" ported will do what you want WAY more than the Q. It is musical and not a competition sub.

I've been doing a bit of research regarding the 12in fi q ported with a 2.5 cft and some seem to say that going with 2.2cft is a bit better sq, is this true or what's the deal about this regarding drawbacks using a 2.5cft oppose to 2.0cft thanks

You want a BL because the Q is not for you...are you going for an SQ setup no! then get a BL the BL is musical too..many people are mistaking the BL as a spl sub witch it is not.

Yep, the BL 12" ported will do what you want WAY more than the Q. It is musical and not a competition sub.

I've been doing a bit of research regarding the 12in fi q ported with a 2.5 cft and some seem to say that going with 2.2cft is a bit better sq, is this true or what's the deal about this regarding drawbacks using a 2.5cft oppose to 2.0cft thanks

Read what ///M5 said yet again.

You are going to blow a Q. It cannot handle the abuse a BL can because it is made for pristine quality, NOT loud.

The Q can be loud, for sure. But it does not seem to be what you need.

Get a 12" BL ported if you want a Fi. You'll love it.

Listen to M5 !

ok, cool =) How will the 12in fi bl do on a 2.5cft @ 32 hz do? i don't want to use a bigger enclosure... and what options should i get for when i'm ready to purchase, keep in mid this will be powered by a sundown saz1000.1d on a 1ohm load... and is for daily use no competition... thanks alot guys!!!!

2.5 cubes is a bit big for a single 12"

2 cubes is optimal for them.

12" BL ported

Before I even got done reading the original post I was going to suggest this. A 12" ported will be louder than 15" sealed, also.