Sign in to follow this  
Hostility

extra battery??

im suppose to pick up some more 0/1 wire and another battery this weekend, but now im wondering if i really need it. this is what is getting used, i have a sundown saz2000, and a sax 125.2. i plan on running it at .6 ohms next season. for electrical i have big 3 done, 220amp alt, 1 run of 0/1 front to back, odyssey 1500 up front, and a odyssey 2150 in the back.

now is it worth it for me to jam another battery in the back? i know the more the better, but is it really needed? also, would i benefit from another run of pos front to back??

im just thinking if i can save the money i should. thanks

Running any amp at 1/2 an ohm you will need a much larger battery bank.. for sure.

voltage right now, running amp at 1ohm full tilt at idle sits around 13.9 + - some depending on the note. reg voltage on a reg basis is 14.4

Think of it this way, an extra battery is cheaper than a new amp. Its always better to have more ampers on hand, than not enough.

J

its almost going to be what I paid for my amp lol, well not quiet but not far off.

What about another run of pos.? Is it worth it for me as I'm only running about 250 amps?

its almost going to be what I paid for my amp lol, well not quiet but not far off.

What about another run of pos.? Is it worth it for me as I'm only running about 250 amps?

I'd do another run of 1/0, another battery, and more grounds.

I hate to doubt you man, but 13.9 at full tilt just sounds impossible.

I had a SAZ-2000 at .5ohm, with 240amp alt, Yellow Top up front, and 2 Kinetik HC2400's in rear and still dipped into the 12's sometimes.

That won't help significantly, I'd do both to be honest..

Especially at half an ohm.

I wish you luck, that WILL void your warranty.

When I come against questions like this I always figure it's better to be safe than sorry

I'd do another run of 1/0, another battery, and more grounds.

I hate to doubt you man, but 13.9 at full tilt just sounds impossible.

I had a SAZ-2000 at .5ohm, with 240amp alt, Yellow Top up front, and 2 Kinetik HC2400's in rear and still dipped into the 12's sometimes.

if you were to read it right, it says im running the amp at 2 ohm.

i know it will void the warrenty, not to worried about that.

as for the 2nd run of Pos. is it worth it maybe to just add the 2nd battery in the back and forget about the 2nd run?

You will still have to buy another battery if you do fry this one from lack of the extra battery, making it cost more anyways. i say get it

In your first post it says .6, and then later you said 1, nothing about 2. Did i miss something??

i know it will void the warrenty, not to worried about that.

as for the 2nd run of Pos. is it worth it maybe to just add the 2nd battery in the back and forget about the 2nd run?

You will still have to buy another battery if you do fry this one from lack of the extra battery, making it cost more anyways. i say get it

In your first post it says .6, and then later you said 1, nothing about 2. Did i miss something??

And he knows he's voiding the warranty i don't get it?

:ughdunno: if you're worried about it. do everything that will make you comfortable while running at X ohms. Then you wont have anything to worry about, or any "i wish i had bought ___" moments.

i am just trying to save me money if it doesnt need to be spent, but it sounds like i have to, thats all i was trying to get at.

watts09, sorry about that, i have 2 threads on 2 different forums, i said it on the other one, i thought it was this one, sorry. im currently running at 2 ohms with 13.9 full tilt. and planning next season for .66 ohms. my bad.

Okay either way heres your plans.......add a second run of 1/0. Ensure ALL grounds are stable.

WHEN you drop your impedence add another battery.

J

Sign in to follow this