Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

1x SA-8 w/ SPL Coil : 151.6 dB Outlaw

SA-8 D2 w/ Aluminum SPL Coil -- I had a thread about the idea here :

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53745

151.6 passenger side kick measurement at 68 Hz.

We haven't re-clamped since moving stuff around but it was clamping 1670 watts yesterday at 151.0 dB -- HU volume hasn't changed, we simply moved stuff around so we are assuming power isn't a whole lot different.

We are going to get another video soon as well... we got a 152.2 in the driver side kick panel. Haven't had time to do a video just yet.

:morepower1::peepwall:

Woofer is at full stroke with this power level -- any more power wouldn't be beneficial.

That is impressive with 1 8"!

What amp did you use? SAZ-1500D?

:ehh:

It's a 3500D @ 1 ohm nominal -- a full 1 ohm DCR as the 8-layer D2 is 2.0 DCR per side.

While I cannot see the images/video it sounds VERY impressive.

Can I see a future WR with 4 8" subs?

J

My CRX has already done 153 on the dash with 4kw clamped on 4x Stock SA-8s -- and there are ALOT of things I have not done to that car. So maybe :)

Driver side kick panel -- 152.1 dB -- we had done 152.2 earlier but didn't get it on video... have a photo of the score that I will upload later :

possible upgrade from my stock sa8s in the future. :peepwall:

I would like to see what you come up with on the MINI NEO MOTOR 8! 3inch SPL Coil 1000rms 8!! Strap a pair of 3500s on it!

My CRX has already done 153 on the dash with 4kw clamped on 4x Stock SA-8s -- and there are ALOT of things I have not done to that car. So maybe :)

:peepwall: Okay... you have my attention.

I am in the process of building a Street A CRX for the 2011 season and your subs (and this post) caught my eye.

Its an '89 HF and I'll be using a Crossfire VR4000D (for starters)...so figure 3400-3600+ watts (conservative). Per Crossfires'

Tech dept. the sweet spot is 1.4 ohms,so I am looking at 3- 2 ohm dvc subs. Based on your experience what do you suggest

my best course of action would be in relation to box volume and tuning? (maybe 1 8" port or 2 6" ports)

Thank you

If your going to go 2-8s I would try 1cube per woofer and 1 6inch aero per woofer fire subs forward ports back

:peepwall: Okay... you have my attention.

I am in the process of building a Street A CRX for the 2011 season and your subs (and this post) caught my eye.

Its an '89 HF and I'll be using a Crossfire VR4000D (for starters)...so figure 3400-3600+ watts (conservative). Per Crossfires'

Tech dept. the sweet spot is 1.4 ohms,so I am looking at 3- 2 ohm dvc subs. Based on your experience what do you suggest

my best course of action would be in relation to box volume and tuning? (maybe 1 8" port or 2 6" ports)

Thank you

An 8" should work well for two as we use a 6" for one.

Sign in to follow this