thecartel

6 Sa-12's on 3 1500

What would be the best way to hook up 3 1500's to 6 Sa-12's. Can they be strapped together? Can I use in a master/salve if I put 2 Sa's on each one? Each amp will be running at .5

I assume dual 2 ohms? Are the subs going to be in separate chambers?

yes dual 2's. No its a 1 chamber 9 cuft after displacement.

You can't bridge more than two sundown amps together. Gain matching all 3 separate amps will be a pain.

What voicecoil configuration are your subs?

You might be able to run two amps bridged @ .7ohms. Not really advised as both amps would be running at something like .3ohms which would probably make them smoke.

You can wire each pair in series at 8 ohms. This will result in a final load of 2.66 ohms with all 3 pairs and strap 2 amps and not use the third.

I run 1 3k on four now at .25 daily. I want to run 6 subs and want to go in power but stay under 5000 watts. Can I use a phone spliter on the gain knob and control all 3 amps that way?

got one of those...i hate it!!

welp that's the only thing out there for the time being, if you get another 1500d you could wire them all together but for the time being you cant with an odd number of amplifiers unless you use the maxx-link

get another amp and strap the amps to a trio of subs, or use 2 amps, or run the 3 amps an gain match them

3 kinetik 2400 in the rear and yellow top under the hood and after x-mas a mechman 200 amp atl

The phone splitter works fine for hooking up 2 amps, but you have 3 amps !

I don't know!

Run 2 subs per amp, but be careful when matching the gain.

That will work, obviously you want to make sure you have the electrical to back it up thats for sure, but by the looks of it your well on your way! Make sure to come back an share the results!

i just took out my 6 12" setup... i was using 4 1500s on the sa-12s, i would get 2 bigger amps and strap@1.33 my self so each amp will see .66, 2 2500s with gain down a tad? less gain matching you can do the better, and stay away for the maxxlink lol ive tryed using a few times and hate them, been told a few times to stay away from the new ones.