CrazyKenKid

2007 hyundai elantra

Hey guys my girl friend is asking me to get her a little bass in her car but she wants to keep everything stock!

which i am very cool with! the car is a 07 hyundai elantra and I have never did an install where everything is stock so I thought i would ask how do I do did it first of all and what I will need.

Now i think i will need a LOC (line-output-control) is this true?

I have never pulled her dash apart and it looks crazy to do. so if anyone has experience with this or knows something that i don't please let me know.

next i will need to rig of a remote wire... i was thinking of just using a switch or is there a better way to do this.

thanks in advances and if anyone can point me to a web site that would help me out a lot! or even a build log! either or is great!

Kenneth

If she wants to keep to stock the easiest thing to do is get an LOC, they aren't bad if you get a good one and set it up right :)

I want pics! :)

edit: of the car, not your girlfriend, of course :):roflmao:

Edited by xAndrewx

If she wants to keep to stock the easiest thing to do is get an LOC, they aren't bad if you get a good one and set it up right :)

so LOC is what I need. Can you recommend a brand? and a price range off hand? also where would I tap into.. the rear speakers?

thanks

Kenneth

the car i will get pics of once the install is complete now my gf lol you asked! here is a couple

n521826700_543248_2609.jpg

29887_390781081700_521826700_4488966_1534379_n.jpg

30457_401439246700_521826700_4774003_4130597_n.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q269/CcCrazy/Danielle/4900_101873926700_521826700_2522117_5446488_n.jpg

68356_442237346700_521826700_5752556_1327427_n.jpg

the car i will get pics of once the install is complete now my gf lol you asked! here is a couple

haha nice man. hook her up with some beat!

for sure i will

the amp will be an orion 1200d (the chrome one)

the sub will be.... (not sure yet)

she doesn't want a 150db monster hell she can't stand my 145.5 setup so i think around 140 would be her listening area the orion was cheap

any idea's for the sub?

for sure i will

the amp will be an orion 1200d (the chrome one)

the sub will be.... (not sure yet)

she doesn't want a 150db monster hell she can't stand my 145.5 setup so i think around 140 would be her listening area the orion was cheap

any idea's for the sub?

what size are you gonna go with? 10" - 12"?

12 would be the most flexible i think.

i was thinking SA12...

12 would be the most flexible i think.

i was thinking SA12...

does she want output or quality? sealed or ported?

well SQ is what she is aiming for so maybe not an sa12?

what are you thinking? i am open to suggestions hell i still need a suggestion on a LOC lol and the build hasn't started yet!

I think an SA 12 would be the best.. Smaller box sizes will take up less cargo area.. be fairly loud and sound very good.

LOC's are... Okay at best even a budget HU would be better than a LOC something like This headunit would be a good budget one... as for wiring harness and dash kit you'll need are these Dashkit and Wiring Harness. So all together it's not too expensive.. does she have premium sound or anything else like that?

And if you order through sonicelectronix they're free!

Yeah an SA12 sealed would be nice. Very small space req. like Julian said.

LOC's are... Okay at best even a budget HU would be better than a LOC something like This headunit would be a good budget one... as for wiring harness and dash kit you'll need are these Dashkit and Wiring Harness. So all together it's not too expensive.. does she have premium sound or anything else like that?

Bad assumption. Some LOC's are better than some headunits and of course no one has asked, perhaps her headunit already has flat outs. Doubt it, but possible depending on what stereo it has. i know nothing of who oe's the Hyundai stuff though so it maybe strange.

The SA series really screams ported, but sealed will work.

hey guys thanks for the posts!

ya putting a h/u in is out of the question with her! i don't know why she says a H/U looks ghetto.. ya i don't know she is crazy.

but i am pretty sure she likes her setup and doesn't want to lose it plus it looks good. as for premium sound system there is an ome amp running a pair of comps and some rear fill some where also.

as for the PAC LOC it looks pretty good i may pick it up. thanks agian

sa12s are orientated towards ported, not the best driver for sealed, at least from everything I've read and heard from Jacob. :peepwall:

sa12s are orientated towards ported, not the best driver for sealed, at least from everything I've read and heard from Jacob. :peepwall:

A glance at the T/S and you'll see why it works best in ported ;)

wait so the sa12 works best with a sealed box... keeping in mind db's aren't the goal here you say a sealed box would work best?

if so i think a sealed sa12 would work out nicely.

also duran can you specify what you mean by works best.. loudest or clearest or most efficiently?

sorry you say t/s specs and i am not 100% familiar off hand what makes a good spl sub vs a sq sub can you elaborate a little bit? or link me to a site where i can read up on this!

thanks again

wait so the sa12 works best with a sealed box... keeping in mind db's aren't the goal here you say a sealed box would work best?

if so i think a sealed sa12 would work out nicely.

also duran can you specify what you mean by works best.. loudest or clearest or most efficiently?

sorry you say t/s specs and i am not 100% familiar off hand what makes a good spl sub vs a sq sub can you elaborate a little bit? or link me to a site where i can read up on this!

thanks again

Sorry no, typo on my part. The T/S parameters suggest a ported enclosure, the EBP, Qts, and motor force are used to see which enclosure is suggested.

ported it is then.

now one more question she doesn't want to upgrade her electrical so I think I should run this at 2ohm and I will do the big three to the car also what do you guys think

I thik with the big three your probably pretty good not sure size of her alt or battery but most are fine under like 1500watts

ya i will double check on the size of her alt and front battery if they are to small i will scrap the project as i know she doesn't want to change either of those item's