jrb00992

wired everything and now the sub doesnt play

i have a 2005 expedition and i just put a 12" fi Q in it wired to an audioque aq1200d amp. i went to go turn it on and the sub didnt play, my cousin said it was the rcas but im not sure... if it is how can i fix this problem?

i have a 2005 expedition and i just put a 12" fi Q in it wired to an audioque aq1200d amp. i went to go turn it on and the sub didnt play, my cousin said it was the rcas but im not sure... if it is how can i fix this problem?

does the 1200D power up? it could be the rcas, or the wires going to the sub. Check these first

U say it doesnt play when everythign is wired up?

What happens when only half of everything is wired up or nothing is wired up? Does it play then?

Seriously, we need to know more information about what IS working and on... Also, what readings do you get when probing with a DMM?

sorry, i was vague.. the radio plays just like normal... just without the sub, the light is turning on and no it isn't the protect light. i haven't probed yet i decided to give it a rest for the night. its 30 outside, im going to check it tomorrow and my cousin is going to check the voltage. he said it was the rcas but once we diagnose the problem i still dont know how to fix it.

if u can diagnose the problem, we can 100% give u a valid solution.

sorry, i was vague.. the radio plays just like normal... just without the sub, the light is turning on and no it isn't the protect light. i haven't probed yet i decided to give it a rest for the night. its 30 outside, im going to check it tomorrow and my cousin is going to check the voltage. he said it was the rcas but once we diagnose the problem i still dont know how to fix it.

it possibly could be the RCAs but check to make sure you have it wired right. Guessing you have a D2 wiring to 1ohm?

is it wired like this:

(+) to (+) on sub then goes to (+) on amp

(-) to (-) on sub and then goes to negitive on amp

if u can diagnose the problem, we can 100% give u a valid solution.

thank you =]

it possibly could be the RCAs but check to make sure you have it wired right. Guessing you have a D2 wiring to 1ohm?

is it wired like this:

yes that is how i have it wired and yes its d2 to one ohm, my cousin walked my through the whole thing cause he has the 12 inch fi q too.

is it wired like this:

yes that is how i have it wired and yes its d2 to one ohm, my cousin walked my through the whole thing cause he has the 12 inch fi q too.

i would check the RCAs next and hopefully that will provide the solution

is it wired like this:

i would check the RCAs next and hopefully that will provide the solution

we checked the rcas like we took them out and flipped them and nothing happened, could there be a bad wire in the HU?

are you sure you installed them correctly in the back of the HU right?

well there was one wire we couldnt find i think it was like a lime green with a pink line in it.. but we re routed it through one of the fuses. is there a possibility that on the wiring diagram they could have left out the 12v wire or mislabeled it?

Is the sub output enabled on the HU?

its the factory HU

your factory HU had RCA outputs for an amp? or do you have some kind of line converter or something that takes the speaker leads and converts to RCA? if it is your factory HU that has RCA's you are positive that those RCA's arent an aux input?

is your master/ slave switch on master?, if yes hook another amp up see if that works

your factory HU had RCA outputs for an amp? or do you have some kind of line converter or something that takes the speaker leads and converts to RCA? if it is your factory HU that has RCA's you are positive that those RCA's arent an aux input?

we put in a line converter but i am pretty positive they arent an auxilary. we checked