swift

ICON 1ohm vs 2ohm and which amp

I will be making a order in the near future and trying to figure which is my best bet.

This will be for 2 12in ICONS in a 3-3.5cu sealed setup. I will go copper coil but also wondering should I get the dual 1ohm or dual 2ohm. Also is a SAZ-1000 enough or should I go SAZ-1500.

I would like to stay with one amp to power both subs.

Thanks

Edited by swift

Which impedance you get depends on which amplifier you choose, there is also no such thing as underpowering ;)

You will want to order dual 1 ohm voice coils if you are getting a pair of Icon's. The 1000D is plenty of power, but you can step up to the 1500D for some more output. :)

Thanks You!

Maybe I will order the SAZ-1200 then, lol.

The new Sundown saz 1500 would be nice too.

I don't remember if it is still on pre sale for a super great price on the ssa store.

Or the Stetsom 1K5 : small and powerful.

I don't remember if it is still on pre sale for a super great price on the ssa store.

Yeah the saz-1500d v.2 is still on pre-order for 400$ which is pretty good compared to the 500$ that it will be after the pre-order.

@ OP If you decide to get the Saz-1500 v.2 make sure you have good enough electrical. Or any amp for that matter.

Yeah the saz-1500d v.2 is still on pre-order for 400$ which is pretty good compared to the 500$ that it will be after the pre-order.

@ OP If you decide to get the Saz-1500 v.2 make sure you have good enough electrical. Or any amp for that matter.

Well, I have a Super Duty F250 that has a decent size alternator and two Optima Red Top's under the hood. I may add another alternator if I its required. Is there no difference between the SAZ-1500 v.2 and the other SAZ-1500? It doesnt really matter if it doesnt get here for a month. I am telling my wife all this can be my Christmas gift. lol.

Well, I have a Super Duty F250 that has a decent size alternator and two Optima Red Top's under the hood. I may add another alternator if I its required. Is there no difference between the SAZ-1500 v.2 and the other SAZ-1500? It doesnt really matter if it doesnt get here for a month. I am telling my wife all this can be my Christmas gift. lol.

Just keep a good eye on the voltage. If you see that its getting low then go ahead and do the big three and another battery if necessary.

Well, for right now the v.2 is 100$ cheaper than the v.1. The v.2 grabs some more powerful parts from its big brother the saz-2500d.

The v.2 also is a tad bit smaller than the v.1. They tested the v.2 and it put out a lot more power than the v.1. the v.1 tested 1540 max and the v.2 was more like 1750 max. Personally, id get the saz-1500v.2.

Just keep a good eye on the voltage. If you see that its getting low then go ahead and do the big three and another battery if necessary.

Well, for right now the v.2 is 100$ cheaper than the v.1. The v.2 grabs some more powerful parts from its big brother the saz-2500d.

The v.2 also is a tad bit smaller than the v.1. They tested the v.2 and it put out a lot more power than the v.1. the v.1 tested 1540 max and the v.2 was more like 1750 max. Personally, id get the saz-1500v.2.

The difference in output between the two amps will not be noticeable so get which one you can, also the saz-1500d v.2 dont have on board fusing so your going to have to run an in-line fuse before the amp istelf on the power wire.