dual 7 inch flipout

infinity pf 2 channel amp

4-way 6.5 pioneer(front)

3-way 6.5pioneer (rear)

stock batt stock alt big 3 in 2 gaug

looking to sell mojo to get new subs

how does 1 or 2 18 ssd's compare to the mojo

sq and spl wise local dealers couldnt give me a clear answer

i want the ssd's because of the price and the fact it will match up with my amp(2000 @ 1 ohm about 1700-1850 at 13v)

need anymore info let me know

While definitely taking up more space than the single 15"... you will be significantly louder in the proper enclosure/tuning with the pair of SSD18s.

Thanks,

Scott

Don't forget about your electrical :trippy:

well how would 1 ssd 18 compare 2 the mojo im not looking to get the bt or btl cause its other my price range and if i get the ssd i could buy 1 now and then the other later

This vs. that threads don't work, know why? There are WAY too many variables to take into account to know which is better.

OP: Please state your goals, budget, vehicle, electrical system, musical preferences, etc. so we can make a good recommendation.

While definitely taking up more space than the single 15"... you will be significantly louder in the proper enclosure/tuning with the pair of SSD18s.

Thanks,

Scott

That is the breaker of the system. Either learn to build a good one or find someone who can. I don't know if I would trust the shop that doesn't sell the product you want an enclosure for.

whats ur box looking like? the box is a key item to ur system it will make it or break it. id stick with the mojo cause its a good sub with major potential. i'd save up money n sale the hifonics and get a better amp, saz-1500 or a saz-2500 sundown is a major step up from hifonics. and upgrade electrical

i just wanna know if in the proper enclosure with beening suppled the right amunt of power could the ssd 18 out perform a memphis mojo

what kinda sub is the ssd 18.....whats its main purpose....can it handle abuse

and whats with everyone saying ssds are on backorder?

@duran the only problem with that is you get ppl giving your there dream wish list not taking into considering that person budget

the electrical thing is not a problem and i was looking at the aq1200 amp

@almone the current box i have is 3.5 cf i 4got what its tuned to i believe mid 30s i was gonna get a bigger box build like this 1 at this link for 95

3k33ob3ld5O05T65W6ab43280ac01ce9a18e4.jpg

The SSD is build to be a tough daily driving woofer above entry level like the X. They are no longer on back order, Fi got the magnets in.

and the guy im talking to at the shop is a MEMPHIS DEALER he warships the mojo he said the guys who bring fi products in never power them they way they should so they always end up beening unhappy

have you passed the 3rd grade? Your typing skills are horrible.

:roflmao:

Was thinking the same!

I cant say a Memphis 15 vs SSD18 which would be the better bet. SSDs are 800W RMS vs 1750 for the Mojo. I would not want to see an SSD powered with 1750W. A pair of SSDs WOULD be louder than the single 15 in their proper enclosures. I have no doubts on that one.

SSD is a solid daily driving sub that is a huge leap up from the X series. It was our original "entry level" sub, but was very far from entry level. 3" coil, solid suspension and fairly abuse tolerant.

A pair of SSD18s would be a huge improvement in output vs the single 15". But they need to be in the correct enclosure.

Thanks,

Scott

have you passed the 3rd grade? Your typing skills are horrible.

Yours are not that great either,you started a sentence with no capital. Stop trying to put people down,he did not ask you for a lesson in grammar and you did nothing to answer his question.

Enough BSing in the thread please, keep it civil.

typing doesn't not determine ppls IQ level...smh...you really think someone is going revise a pucking forum post..if something i have wrote is not spell right i would hope you grown ass men have enough sense to figure out what im getting at...

@FI CAR AUDIO im going to get 1 ssd and a second later on my question is whats the ideal enclosure for this sub to perform well this well be a daily driving system so im looking for a nice deep clean bass more sq then spl

also what would be the ideal enclosure specs for 2 18 ssd i have a 4 door blazer and would like to keep the back seat and just use all of the trunk area

typing doesn't not determine ppls IQ level...smh...you really think someone is going revise a pucking forum post..if something i have wrote is not spell right i would hope you grown ass men have enough sense to figure out what im getting at...

@FI CAR AUDIO im going to get 1 ssd and a second later on my question is whats the ideal enclosure for this sub to perform well this well be a daily driving system so im looking for a nice deep clean bass more sq then spl

also what would be the ideal enclosure specs for 2 18 ssd i have a 4 door blazer and would like to keep the back seat and just use all of the trunk area

You don't buy a car and ask the salesman to teach you how to drive.

Fi can tell you what volume and tuning for an enclosure to use, but they don't know every vehicles cabin dimensions, nor should they. You buy their product along with technical specs as far as enclosure volume and tuning for daily, then make a separate post in spl / sql fabrication for help on the actual box design and your vehicles inside measurements, then everyone else can chime in and help. :)

If you can fit 15 cuft after port and driver and tune it to 30Hz it will make for a clean sounding system that will love to play deep. We recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft of enclosure... So at 180 sqin (a 40X4.5" port) the port would be 17" long.

Thanks,

Scott

I cant say a Memphis 15 vs SSD18 which would be the better bet. SSDs are 800W RMS vs 1750 for the Mojo. I would not want to see an SSD powered with 1750W. A pair of SSDs WOULD be louder than the single 15 in their proper enclosures. I have no doubts on that one.

SSD is a solid daily driving sub that is a huge leap up from the X series. It was our original "entry level" sub, but was very far from entry level. 3" coil, solid suspension and fairly abuse tolerant.

A pair of SSD18s would be a huge improvement in output vs the single 15". But they need to be in the correct enclosure.

Thanks,

Scott

I run 1800 RMS to each of my SSD's, and they still surprise me every time I listen to them. I just cant afford to keep replacing light bulbs and the dishes I keep breaking from the bass.

If you can fit 15 cuft after port and driver and tune it to 30Hz it will make for a clean sounding system that will love to play deep. We recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft of enclosure... So at 180 sqin (a 40X4.5" port) the port would be 17" long.

Thanks,

Scott

I agree with Scott, I have mine in 13.5 cubes (6.75 in seperate chambers) at 26 hertz, and it is wicked! The response peaks at around 45 hertz, though, due to airspace limitations, but overall, it digs very deep. Even in the mid teens I can knock stuff off my shelves and counters in my house (and my neighbors' houses) with ease.

Edited by The SSD Madman

So the lower the hertz the deeper and quicker response or how does the hertz work?

Edited by dgrubbs

So the lower the hertz the deeper and quicker response or how does the hertz work?

The lower the enclosure tuning the more output you'll get on the lower end and less on the top and vice versa.

That's why most SPL fart boxes for competing are tuned super high because they burp a higher frequency tone (example: enclosured tuned to 50hz and burping at 55hz or whatever)

:)

Or you could plan on 2 15" SSD's. You could buy one 15, try it in the enclosure you have now for the Mojo (that is, if it's volume is around specs for the SSD) and compare it to the Mojo. If you like it, you can order your 2nd SSD and start your new box for the 2 15's :) Less space than the 18's, and I'm sure the output will still be quite a bit more than the single Mojo.