Alright.. this is a noob question im sure, but i just dont know exactly how its done.

problem is i set up my little truck using a deck with 3 pre outs, was able to run the 4x6's on the dash, 6.5's in the doors and the subs in the back.. now i got a deck with 2 outputs.. basically lost my door speakers. i know there has to be a easy way to make this work. I have all the rca's ran for each channel and a 4ch amp in the back but only able to connect the front channel. Hope i made this clear enough to get some help.

thats kind of what i was thinkin.. i have a few of those layin around from who knows where, looks like ill need the 2male-1 female splitters for this to work. appreciate it.. goin to radio shack lol.

90% of the people don't need rear fill, I had one set of comps in the front and it was Nore than enough for the back

its just a truck though.. kind of all front stage i guess? dash speakers and the door speakers... just running 2 4 x 6's isnt the sound im looking for. i got the splitters, worked just fine. thanks again.

Get rid of the 4x6's and use one set of components. It will solve your problem and greatly improve your sound.

Get rid of the 4x6's and use one set of components. It will solve your problem and greatly improve your sound.

:+1:

Y-splitters will work but you will loose some features like fading/blending because it will be on the same channel, understand?

Now what i did with my 2 door truck is bought (2) component sets w/ (4) mids and (4) tweeters then replaced my dash speakers with the tweeters, i suggest you try that with the tweeters. :) What i WOULDN'T do is get rid of the speakers in the back doors if there is any... because you WILL notice them gone. I'm not talking from what i read online.. and i'm not repeating what other people said before in other threads, talking from experience :) Hope this helps.

Here's a link to a picture of my dash how it use to be http://img405.imageshack.us/i/2133920.jpg/

Y-splitters will work but you will loose some features like fading/blending because it will be on the same channel, understand?

Now what i did with my 2 door truck is bought (2) component sets w/ (4) mids and (4) tweeters then replaced my dash speakers with the tweeters, i suggest you try that with the tweeters. :) What i WOULDN'T do is get rid of the speakers in the back doors if there is any... because you WILL notice them gone. I'm not talking from what i read online.. and i'm not repeating what other people said before in other threads, talking from experience :) Hope this helps.

Here's a link to a picture of my dash how it use to be http://img405.imageshack.us/i/2133920.jpg/

Yes, because it will sound better. All sorts of reasons why multiple sets are bad and not really any on the opposite.

Yes, because it will sound better. All sorts of reasons why multiple sets are bad and not really any on the opposite.

That's debatable...

If 4 random Joes hop in the truck and go.. hmm? what the fuck i hear no sound back here because its all in the front. That's going to be bad, but if 4 SQ gurus hop in the truck and go ahhhh now this is nice. See the difference? What may be better for you.. isn't better for someone else. Now you can get technical with it and name off multiple reasons on why it will/would/should sound better, but i suggest people try it for themselves because your ears are different from others.

That's debatable...

If 4 random Joes hop in the truck and go.. hmm? what the fuck i hear no sound back here because its all in the front. That's going to be bad, but if 4 SQ gurus hop in the truck and go ahhhh now this is nice. See the difference? What may be better for you.. isn't better for someone else. Now you can get technical with it and name off multiple reasons on why it will/would/should sound better, but i suggest people try it for themselves because your ears are different from others.

He is talking about sound staging. And you really sound not be building your audio for your passengers, unless you are paid to drive them. Your ears, your equipment, you're the driver, your money, your car. ;)

That's debatable...

He is talking about sound staging. And you really sound not be building your audio for your passengers, unless you are paid to drive them. Your ears, your equipment, you're the driver, your money, your car. ;)

I know he is talking about staging.

What i'm getting at is, before people listen to someone else.. try it. You build your system for yourself yes.. but, just because someone thinks this sounds better over that.. doesn't mean the person shouldn't try it to find out what seems better to themselves.

What i'm trying to explain might be blurry, it's about the install. JUST because you remove the rear speakers does NOT mean it will sound better. Everything is install dependent, that's what makes something sound good.. along with tuning correctly, just because you remove the back speakers isn't a guarantee it will sound better.

For Example; Hop in a stock Dodge Ram 1500, disconnect the rear speakers.. is it going to sound better compared to having them connected? Probably not, rear speakers aren't a bad thing.

usually, you don't hear the rear speakers if you have a good frontstage.

I took my rear speakers off, they were nice coax (Davis Acoustics), and I can't say it's a bad thing. I use the same 4 ch amp, so I bridged it and have more power for the front component set.:morepower1:

If you want to make a lot of demos with doors open, you may need rear speakers to be louder outside of the car.

But as a driver, you don't want to listen to your music from the back of the car, only from the front, like in a home audio system, or at a live concert.

It's up to you !