BanginGMC

Front stage installed, possible feedback?

So I installed my 4 AA Carbon fibers and my SAX-100.4 just now and when i turn my truck off a "POP" comes from the speakers, i only turned my truck off twice so i only heard it twice and i think its coming from 2 speakers. How do i get it to stop :) thanks guys.

It's the amplifier popping off and on. It could be your hu, this is what you can do Get a 4PDT relay (four channel system), or a 2PDT relay (stereo system), and connect it between the output of your HU and the input of your aftermarket power amplifier. Connect the coil of the relay to chassis ground and the system turn-on lead... If the pop is quicker than the relay, you can add a large value electrolytic capacitor (i.e. 4700 mfd @ 16 VDC) to the turn-on lead of your aftermarket power amplifier... And you'll have to add a 1N4001 diode, or equalivent, in series with the turn-on lead feeding your aftermarket power amplifier... This will keep the electrolytic cap from keeping the entire system active.

This is what i've heard to do.

peepwall.gif

http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=1 there you go.

bad ground somewhere.....I grounded my RCA's and humming went away....but I only had the pop occasionally.

bad ground somewhere.....I grounded my RCA's and humming went away....but I only had the pop occasionally.

When you say grounded you rca's, did you solder a wire to one and ground that to the chassis? Different way?

Banging,

did you ground your HU to the factory ground wire. If so you may want to run a longer length of wire and make a new chassis ground.

Is that my only option? I'm also getting a humming sound.. not cool.

Pretty sure there's a noise trouble shooting guide sticky'd here. I know because I put it there ;)

Have you checked that?

When you say grounded you rca's, did you solder a wire to one and ground that to the chassis? Different way?

Banging,

did you ground your HU to the factory ground wire. If so you may want to run a longer length of wire and make a new chassis ground.

no. my HU was poorly grounded inernally and got some wire and wrapped on outputs then put it on a bolt on the HU.

Banging,

no. my HU was poorly grounded inernally and got some wire and wrapped on outputs then put it on a bolt on the HU.

Got ya. :fing34:

Pioneer?

Banging,

Got ya. :fing34:

Pioneer?

you guessed it! Yeah found it was common on them...

I moved the RCAs away from the power wire and also tapped the shit out of each wire in electrical tape, that helped the humming. Pop is still happening, not every time though. I will read the sticky, didn't notice there was one.

Not too impressed with the AAs though.. neighbor 7 houses down came over bitching cause they were vibrating her house