200dBs

FI BTL specs clarification

Ok I am new and have been reading the forums for a few hours, and I can not find any specific questions on this topic. I want to know what these certain specs mean.

Sub OD: 18.500” | 18.500”

Cut ID: 16.750” | 16.750”

Displacement: 0.18cuft | 0.18cuft

also when it says Dual 1 ohm that means dual voice coil with 2000w RMS at 1 ohms and when it says dual 2 ohm that means dual voice coil with 2000w RMS at 2 ohm?

Edited by 200dBs

Sub OD = Sub Outer Diameter

Cut ID = Cut out diameter

Displacement is how much volume is taken up by the woofer.

Dual 1 ohm is two 1 ohm coils wired to 2 ohms or .5 ohms.

Dual 2 ohm is two 2 ohm coils wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohm.

ok cool thankyou but i still dont get the wiring options, would this be right? I wire dual 1 ohm in parallel to get 4000RMS at .5 ohms. I wire dual 2 ohm in parallel to get 4000RMS at 1 ohm?

ok cool thankyou but i still dont get the wiring options, would this be right? I wire dual 1 ohm in parallel to get 4000RMS at .5 ohms. I wire dual 2 ohm in parallel to get 4000RMS at 1 ohm?

Depends on the amplifier, the sub is only rated at 2000w rms.

All the ohm load is what order you can wire the subs in on the amp, lower the ohm the more power you will recieve from your amp. When it comes to wiring i refer to this site.

Try to understand ohm load and subwoofer wiring for a better understanding.

Be smart and dont go below 1 0hm to much stress on the amp and it voids warranty all its going to do is cause problems and more money $$$

hmm ok so i wire the amp at 1 ohm and the dual 1 ohm BTL will get 2000w RMS, and i wire the amp at 1 ohm for the dual 2 ohm BTL and i get 4000w RMS?

What is big hydrolics?

:roflmao:

hmm ok so i wire the amp at 1 ohm and the dual 1 ohm BTL will get 2000w RMS, and i wire the amp at 1 ohm for the dual 2 ohm BTL and i get 4000w RMS?

No, think of each coil only being rated for 1000w rms (which isn't necessarily true but in your case it will be fine.) No matter what load you wire it to, the speaker is going to be able to handle the same amount of power.

You need to understand the fundamentals of ohm loads. :suicide-santa:

Ohm load is a measure of resistance that the sub puts on the amp.

If you have an amp that puts out 2000 watts rms @ 1 ohm and 1000 watts @ 2 ohm you would buy a dual 2 sub and connect the voice coils in parallel to the amp for a final one ohm load (and the sub will be receiving 2,000 watts from the amp. :fing34:

Edited by holley2346

If you have an amp that puts out 2000 watts rms @ 1 ohm and 1000 watts @ 2 ohm you would buy a dual 2 sub and connect the voice coils in parallel to the amp for a final one ohm load (and the sub will be receiving 2,000 watts from the amp. :fing34:

OH ok so i was mixing this stuff up the speakers just accept the power(which i knew). Say i gave the have an amp rated at 2500RMS watts at 2 ohms, and i wire the FI BTL dual 1 ohm in series so the speaker will get 5000RMS watts. And if i wire the FI BTL dual 2 ohm to the same amp in series it will get 2500RMS watts.

OH ok so i was mixing this stuff up the speakers just accept the power(which i knew). Say i gave the have an amp rated at 2500RMS watts at 2 ohms, and i wire the FI BTL dual 1 ohm in series so the speaker will get 5000RMS watts. And if i wire the FI BTL dual 2 ohm to the same amp in series it will get 2500RMS watts.

I think your still getting confused between rms and ohms. The BTL is rated at 2000 Watts RMS. This means that you can give the BTL 2000 watts and be okay. (if you know what you're doing). Now, let's just say you have a Sundown Saz-2500d which is an amp that does 2500 watts at 1 ohm. To get the 2500 watts, you will need a Dual 2 ohm BTL so you can wire it to the amp for a 1 ohm load. The Dual 2 and Dual 1 BTL's have no difference other than different wiring options. By the way, when you are running this much power, you will need the electrical system to back it up.

Ok So i want two FI BTL N218's and say i power them with a kicker ZX2500.1 (2500 @ 2 Ohms) If i wired the two FI BTL's(Dual 1 Ohm) in series/parallel they would have a total of 1 ohm of resistance

and at 1 ohm the amp will have a power rating of 5000 so will each BTL get 5000 watts at 1 ohm? or will each BTL get 2500 watts at 1 ohm?

your username says alot, you should change it to 194.

I haven't read through your whole topic, just last couple posts, but it really sounds like you have no idea what your doing man.

trying to run a 2ohm stable amp down to 1ohm = bad idea.

That amp will not make 5000watts at 1ohm, not sure what type of protection circuity it has but hopefully it has something to stop a 1ohm load...

Even if it did make 5000watts at 1ohm, that means each driver (if running 2) will get 2500watts. The power is divided among the drivers.

The ZX2500 isn't rated for a 1ohm load nor have I read of it being to stable at that load. So you would have to get D2 coils and wire it to 2 ohms but to answer your question the power is divided between the woofers. If your amp does 2500W @ 2 ohms and its wired to take advantage of that 2 woofers would get 1250w each. 4 woofers would get 625W each.

The ZX2500 isn't rated for a 1ohm load nor have I read of it being to stable at that load. So you would have to get D@ coils and wire it to 2 ohms but to answer your question the power is divided between the woofers. If your amp does 2500W @ 2 ohms and its wired to take advantage of that 2 woofers would get 1250w each. 4 woofers would get 625W each.

You say potato, I say Potata :P

ok yeah im NOOB at speaker and wiring and all that right now, trying to get better slowly... And yeah say i bought AQ3500D.1 it says it has 1 ohm power @ 14.4V @ < 1% THD 4300W x 1. Say i wire the two FI BTL N2's(dual 1 Ohm) in series and parallel to get a 1 ohm final load. The amp would supply 2150 watts to each BTL, RMS im assuming.

Ok So i want two FI BTL N218's and say i power them with a kicker ZX2500.1 (2500 @ 2 Ohms) If i wired the two FI BTL's(Dual 1 Ohm) in series/parallel they would have a total of 1 ohm of resistance

and at 1 ohm the amp will have a power rating of 5000 so will each BTL get 5000 watts at 1 ohm? or will each BTL get 2500 watts at 1 ohm?

First of all, the kicker mono amps are not 1 ohm stable, which is why they rate their amps at 2 ohms. Second, if you did have 2 subs running off one amp, the power produced from that amp would be evenly distributed to each woofer. So in this case each btl would see approximately 1200 watts at 2 ohms (not taking into account impedance rise and other factors).

If i were you, i wouldn't jump into this big of a system right away, maybe start smaller and learn more about what kind of things go into a system like this. Just my opinion though, not saying that it's law or anything. ;)

First of all, the kicker mono amps are not 1 ohm stable, which is why they rate their amps at 2 ohms. Second, if you did have 2 subs running off one amp, the power produced from that amp would be evenly distributed to each woofer. So in this case each btl would see approximately 1200 watts at 2 ohms (not taking into account impedance rise and other factors).

If i were you, i wouldn't jump into this big of a system right away, maybe start smaller and learn more about what kind of things go into a system like this. Just my opinion though, not saying that it's law or anything. ;)

haha thanks thor mind checking out the post above yours. New amp listed

ok yeah im NOOB at speaker and wiring and all that right now, trying to get better slowly... And yeah say i bought AQ3500D.1 it says it has 1 ohm power @ 14.4V @ < 1% THD 4300W x 1. Say i wire the two FI BTL N2's(dual 1 Ohm) in series and parallel to get a 1 ohm final load. The amp would supply 2150 watts to each BTL, RMS im assuming.

Yes you are correct. amp makes 4300watts at 1ohm. Wire two dual 1ohm drivers according to the below chart for a final load of 1ohm at the amp

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

4300watts / 2 = 2150watts per driver.

Yes you are correct. amp makes 4300watts at 1ohm. Wire two dual 1ohm drivers according to the below chart for a final load of 1ohm at the amp

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

ok thanks and Audioque rates all their amps at RMS wattage output im assuming? how do i find this out

Do a little bit more research 200dbs and read some more on car audio try to get a basic interpertation on how stuff works.

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

ok thanks and Audioque rates all their amps at RMS wattage output im assuming? how do i find this out

Here's the specs from the manufacturers site: http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=30

Just make sure your looking at 14.4v specs, unless your running a 16v setup which I doubt...

I've never used AQ amps so I can't say there good or bad. Someone else will have to post for an answer.