Hell-Razor

Mounting amp on box

After googling around and not having any luck I decided to post here because of the "vibration control" topic in this forum. I would like to mount my amplifier on the back of my box without rattling it to death. I have looked at some youtube videos (

and it looked like he has only a mdf board between his amp and box. I was looking and found several things on the net but lots of them are expensive:

Silicone Anti-Shock mats

Rubber Screws

Anti - Shock pads

Anti vibration mats

I do have some of the foam they use to sound deaden recording studios so I was thinking just putting three or four mats of that sandwiched between either a soft or hard piece of wood to mount my amp on and then screwing it all together tightly using rubber screws.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Hell-Razor

i have been forced to mount my amp to my box.. i use a 1.5 inch thick box... then i used sway bar end link rubber bushhings as mounting feet.

http://www.google.com/images?q=sway+bar+end+link+bushing&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=994&bih=570

worked for me for two years so far

I never had a problem with mounting my amps to my enclosures, I use a piece of wood and padding between the amp and box as well like stated above.

You'd ideally want isolation mounts. I thin McMaster-Carr has a good selection. I know it's generally considered a bad thing to do, but how much is the wall of a properly built really going to vibrate? Shouldn't be much.

You'd ideally want isolation mounts. I thin McMaster-Carr has a good selection. I know it's generally considered a bad thing to do, but how much is the wall of a properly built really going to vibrate? Shouldn't be much.

I went back and forth on mounting amps to my box. At the end of the day this is exactly what I said.

I had a guy come to me once to build a box for his Kicker Impulse subs and install his setup for him. He wanted the amp mounted on the FRONT of the box, out in front of the subs, made to look like it was just floating there. :suicide-santa: I did as he requested (and paid for), it looked kinda kewl and lasted almost 3 years before he decided to upgrade everything without ever giving any trouble. I would imagine, if there's a little padding or something between the amp and the wall of the box you'll probably never have a problem with it except for the occasional person to tell you how ghetto it looks, maybe.

I went back and forth on mounting amps to my box. At the end of the day this is exactly what I said.

I bet when you said it you put "box" between "built" and "really" :D