TheBlackCracka

1998 Ford Ranger 2 door, 10" Sub-woofer Enclosure?

I am getting one 10" Fi SSD sub-woofer very soon and I am having a bit of trouble on what to do for the enclosure.

I drive a small, 1998 Ford Pickup, single cab. I am convinced, and determined, that it is possible to put a sub in any vehicle, but there really is very limited space back there to put anything. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? I am looking for the best sound I can get, but I understand if it won't be optimal. Getting the materials and building it will be no problem, just need to know how to tackle this.

Edited by TheBlackCracka

can start by looking at the cut sheets for the 10'' ssd provided, calculate the volume, and see if you can modify the shape to fit in your ranger with same volume, port etc....

I would figure out what can fit before you buy the driver and try and make it fit.

Give us some dimensions from the rear? How much space are you willing to give up? etc?

Need some sort of dimensions you're able to work with. LxWxH are a big help :D

My apologies, I should of taken some exact dimensions when I posted this. Since it is kind of dark now, I will take some tomorrow morning and hopefully get them up here soon. And a couple pictures, to make things easier. I am willing to sacrifice just about all the space that is back there, sub-woofer is way more important.

Drove a single cab Ford Ranger back in 1993 with a JL W1 10" Sub behind the seat in a box stretching across the width of the cab...needless to say, I was nearly on top of the steering wheel! Box was a simple angled truck box ported on passenger side. It definitely can be done, but you may run into a mounting "depth" issue and an uncomfortable ride :lol2:

Does your ranger have the factory 6x9 pods behind the seats? My friends ranger had them and we had to take them out when we installed his 2 10's. As stated above, it can be done, but he was hugging the steering wheel for quite a long time.

I don't know how much work you're willing to do to get the sub in there, but if you've got a 60-40 split seat with console you could remove the portion under the armrest and use that space.

I think it's about 10 or so inches.

You or your passenger wouldn't be eating the dash all the time.

I took a short

of my truck, for extra viewing angles. Sorry if the camera is shaky, or the quality is bad, not trying to win any filming awards here. The two things in the back with the rubber mats on them can be taken out, adding a little extra space. The center console itself can be removed, but the portion under it cannot, as it is part of the seat itself.

It starts out at the bottom, about 10 inches max, and tapers upwards (due to the seat), to about 2 inches at the very top. From the very bottom of the truck up to that 2-inch point, it is ~25 inches. From the very bottom of where that little upper ledge is, with the things removed, to that 2-inch point is ~21 inches.

Is that good for specs, or is there some other information that is needed?

Does your ranger have the factory 6x9 pods behind the seats? My friends ranger had them and we had to take them out when we installed his 2 10's. As stated above, it can be done, but he was hugging the steering wheel for quite a long time.

They are 6x8, I believe.