wafsman

Need Help Choosing An Amp For My Speakers

So the speakers I am getting are the Lanzar MX8124, I will be getting two pairs, but I need help choosing the right amp for them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd just a good 2-4 channel on them.

What's your budget? And have you bought those yet?

So the speakers I am getting are the Lanzar MX8124, I will be getting two pairs, but I need help choosing the right amp for them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

why?

You REALLY don't want those speakers. You also don't want 4.

are they really that bad? How will a speaker that is that much smaller give me better sound?

Edited by wafsman

From my Esperance with lanzar products they are not reliable and the quality kind of sucks. You should really think about other brands of speakers.

Edited by Brian85

Tons, but you need to share some info first.

BTW, first off skip the whole 6x9 idea

ok some info. Car is a 99 grand prix gtp. Electrical planned is big 3, 220 amp alternator (220 max, 110 idle), kinetic 2400 in the back. Sub stage is 4 fi ssd's on a sundown 3000d. Goals for sysem are to at least be able to hear the whole frequency range, whereas my one now has parts of the song that sound like its muting. Right now I'm running 2 pairs of planet audio torq 6.5's. They sound good, but I want those frequencies I'm missing out on while stil having good output. Budget is 400 for the speakers and an amp. Musical taste is metal and hard rock with some juggalo music.

What are you trying to improve over the Planet Audio's? What amp do you have connected to them? Where are they mounted?

the planet audio's don't sound bad, but there is parts of songs that completely mute out and i am looking for more output cause some songs the bass overpowers the mids and highs. the speakers are hooked up to an american pro vs-1407. placement is in the front doors and rear deck, but plan is to run front stage only, leave holes open in rear deck and possibly running a custom 3-way setup up front.

ok some info. Car is a 99 grand prix gtp. Electrical planned is big 3, 220 amp alternator (220 max, 110 idle), kinetic 2400 in the back. Sub stage is 4 fi ssd's on a sundown 3000d. Goals for sysem are to at least be able to hear the whole frequency range, whereas my one now has parts of the song that sound like its muting. Right now I'm running 2 pairs of planet audio torq 6.5's. They sound good, but I want those frequencies I'm missing out on while stil having good output. Budget is 400 for the speakers and an amp. Musical taste is metal and hard rock with some juggalo music.

Thats a lot of equipment to fit in that car. What size subs are you getting and are you doing a sealed or ported enclosure?