Deto1992

Can Fi X handle 500 watts rms

I just purchased one of the FiDay x series 300 watts rms subs and i was wondering if i could safely run 500 watts rms to the sub without blowing it. I have not had any experience with Fi subs so i dont know how durable the x will be.

I just purchased one of the FiDay x series 300 watts rms subs and i was wondering if i could safely run 500 watts rms to the sub without blowing it. I have not had any experience with Fi subs so i dont know how durable the x will be.

as long as your gain is set accordingly I dont see why not. Its mostly the person behind the knobs why you see the woofers go poof

It is a 2.5" coil, it can only handle so much power. How much power your woofers handle is application dependent.

as long as your gain is set accordingly I dont see why not. Its mostly the person behind the knobs why you see the woofers go poof

x2

Not trying to be rude but all of these 'can i run xxxrms on my sub?' questions are kind of ridiculous. Try it for yourself, safely and non-stupidly. Slowly turn up the gain. Any signs of stress or clipping clearly means it's too much. Just don't be an idiot and be careful and you should be able to run more than rated.

It is a 2.5" coil, it can only handle so much power. How much power your woofers handle is application dependent.

The FiDay Xs are only a 2" coil.

500 is almost double what is recommended. I don't see any reason to, unless you're planning to cook the sub. Seems like you should have bought 2 for that power range.

300w to 500w isn't so audible so just don't bother. Go ahead and use the amp, but set it so your drivers aren't stressed.

I'm running 300 to my 12" X. It is perfect. Does what it needs to do... sounds good.