Whizkid26

6.5 inch subs in doors!!!

Ive been lookin at some 6.5 inch subs mainly the jl 6w3 and was wanting to put them in my rear doors of my 2010 lancer DE. I know a decent amount about car audio other than this subject. i need some help on a good way to set up this application.

Thank you.

Don't bother. If you want to put them anywhere, stick them in the rear deck. Too many cancellation issues in the middle of the vehicle.

And please read this thread.

I personally wouldn't use a driver that small for subwoofer application in IB, but if you must, you will have to seal the front of the driver from the back as much as possible. Every little hole will need sealing between the trunk and driver's compartment.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, but personally, I'd get a small driver, put it in then corner of the trunk in a sealed enclosure and call it a day. Simple and economical.

Dude im not asking you to be a prick if you have a better idea let me know? im just trying to accomplish mid bass with a custom appeal. i already have 1 12in T1 in the trunck for the lows. I figured these forums would be a great place to help a guy out. im sorryu if i dont meet your minimum requirments to be nice to.

some one is not getting it.....

you just said you want to use a 6 inch subwoofer....... SUB woofer..... now your saying you wanna use it for mids....

no one is being a prick...

just somthing i have learned over the years.... when someone does not understand somthing they get mad at it,..

your mad.

from the first post, i thought the w3 was going to do sub duties. so the background info of the T1 in the trunk is very helpful. who really knows what you want if you don't tell us everything.

a woofer.. and a subwoofer are not the same.

Dude im not asking you to be a prick if you have a better idea let me know? im just trying to accomplish mid bass with a custom appeal. i already have 1 12in T1 in the trunck for the lows. I figured these forums would be a great place to help a guy out. im sorryu if i dont meet your minimum requirments to be nice to.

You took that as being a prick?? grow some hair on your balls!

:noob:

And please read this thread.

Since I am a prick, I guess it's time I act like it. You see my quote above? Click the fucking link, read the fucking thread, now here comes the tough part, comprehend it, and put it to use.

I'm curious on how if mounted in the rear doors were going to help with mid-duty anyway... Oh nevermind

you should not appoligize for lack of info. appoligize for being rude to the guys trying to help you.

Welcome to SSA

I'm no expert, but every thread I've personally read about this topic leads to very intellient people suggesting that the Poster (you) sticks the mid-range in the door, perferably in the kick panel and then seal every little hole in the door and use a sound deadening product like SoundDeadenerShowdown or Second Skin Audio in order to achieve good midbass! Do you want just a midwoofer and try to make that play great mid bass or are you interested in getting a mid and a deadicated mid-bass woofer? Are you thinking about tweeters? Do you want a component system?

Most importantly, whats your ultimate goals? Do you want more on the loud side or more on the sound quality side? How much money and time are you willing to sacrifice?

Im not trying to be mean but if i gave you advice without knowing the answers to those questions, i could be giving you advice that you don't care about!

:gayhaaay1:

im going to assume your budget involves an amp, wiring, and sound deadening so that i dont suggest something out of your budget range!

One last question, are you using an after market head-unit or your stock radio?

With that budget I would really look into a component set as it would probably sound best unless you have another processing unit.

With that budget i would buy something along these lines

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Bravox-Audio-CS603CF-Components.html

All the bravox sets have been getting great reviews, but unfortunately most of them are out of stock due to the amazing sell, but who knows! Maybe there will be more!

Personally, this is the set i run and i've had great experiences with them! They are super clear and they are plenty loud enough for my 18" BTL!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14915_Boston-Acoustics-PRO60SE-Pro60-SE.html

Image Dynamics sets have also gotten really good reviews, but i haven't read enough about them to suggest a single product.

As for an amp, i would cruise classifieds section of this forum and elsewhere to try and find a used Sundown Audio SAX 125.2. The amount of possibilites for an amp for your mids or a component system is practically endless. However, try to stick to companies like Sundown Audio, Rockford Fosgate, AudioQue, Kicker, JL, and there are more but i'm a little tired at the moment! Try to avoid companies like Crunch, Sony, and... Boss (not entirely sure about that one). Personally, i would really hunt for a SA SAX125.2 .

If you're like me and don't really know anything about sound deadening OTHER than its a good thing to have, call up Don and Sound Deadening Showdown. I've read numerous accounts of him being a great guy! Just tell him your goals and he should explain to you what and why you need to get. He's been known to suggest products that he doesn't even sell.

If you really want JUST a mid range woofer and not a set, this guy looks nice!

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_234_267&products_id=8485

To the OP, many people here are willing to help you achieve a logical solution to meet you goals based on their own experiences. You should have a solid understanding of what your doing and a goal in mind before preceding, this go's for everything in life not just car audio.

Read the noob guidlines link on page one, and come back with more info as for us to help you with. Take your time if needed.

Maybe read them twice as you are failing at forum 101 so far.