BassThoughts

back seat sealing?

anybody got any ideas for sealing up the space around my box going into the trunk

photo5.jpg

MDF trim panel, and/or expanding foam

I actually had another idea lol. I put the top of the back seat back in, and took out the bottom. Then built a stand for the box to sit on where the bottom of the seat would normally be. I plan on installing a slab of mdf to just cover the whole bottom of the back seat area, and another slab to replace the top of the back seat eventually. Ill put up pics soon of the install progress

Looks good, and I would use expanding foam to seal it anduse mdf to hide the foam.

they are a dark blueish grey but they only sell around black friday after thanksgiving and they are sold out i was going to buy two more but there is no more lol

I hope that this is not considered "thread jacking", but i had a quick question regarding this topic. I am running a ported box in the trunk of a honda civic currently. What kind of difference does this configuaration make when sealing off the trunk with the woofer and port firing into the cabin? Just curious as i have never tried this method.

Thank you and i hope that was close enough to topic :peepwall: