ford302redneck

First SQ setup

Not sure on processor, or eq. This is one reason I wanted the 3sixty2.

I'm kind of not sure what else to explain.

Budget is 800 dollars minus sub stage and headunit. Amp is 1/4 of that, so leaves 600 dollars for drivers and processor.

Also, I don't want my vocals to be way louder than the rest of the music. I'm not sure if this is driver problem or a recording problem. In todays music it seems, vocals are way louder than the of the music itself.

Right now I have Infinte reference 5x7 coax, off of headunit power, in all 4 corners.

Also, I will not have a rearfill. Unless I keep my 5x7s in factory location and turn off the headunit amp. Until I need them cause of rear passengers then turn them on that way.

I'd say 3-way active is probably not a good choice for someone inexperienced.

Midbass...going to be hard to achieve your goal. If you were able to get a pair of AA Carbons to full excursion at 80hz, for example, you'd be limited to about 107db based on their displacement (excluding affects of the vehicle's acoustics). If you have access to a termlab, grab an 80hz test tone and play it thru your subs, and set the volume so you have 107db of output and see what you think. Enough? Yes? No? That would be the maximum output you could get from the pair, unless your vehicle happened to have a significant boost in the midbass frequencies.

If you want more output you could run larger diameter mids, downfall is that you won't be able to play them as high. You might get lucky and find a large format tweeter that can play fairly low and deal with some potential beaming effects and maybe some worsened distortion or FR issues at the upper end of their range depending on the driver and what xover point you can get away with.

Or you could run a pair of 7" mids. If you used them in a vertical array, used proper spacing and aiming and kept the xover point reasonable, might not be too bad and you'd gain another 6db in output compared to a single pair (assuming you also doubled the amplifier power compared to a single pair). Really, it might even help a little by limiting vertical dispersion which can help reduce reflections from the dash/roof/floor through the some of the mid's frequency range (same reason home audio speakers use this arrangement). It would take a little bit of knowledge to get it right....but if used right, could be advantageous.

If you really wanted to get a little nutty, you could even try to run them ported.

Of course redneck is the guy who says he can hear vocals clearly with those 5x7's and is doing 148dB+....

Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.

I can hear it enough, I hate really loud vocals. I don't want anything louder than what I got.

I want something different than what I have. Its just to plain and raw. I might wnat something that's impossible to get. I don't know. But I need something better than I have.

Perfect. Now we just need better than plain and raw. That should be easy. Use ANYTHING other than those 5x7's.

But my point was if I'm going to upgrade, I want something good. As far as what I have now, I don't have to upgrade, their not terrible but if I didn't have any bass, I couldn't listen to it.

Maybe you should try to find someone with a SQ setup, to see if it even fits your taste acoustically.

It seems like you just want something better that sounds good, Im not an SQ expert or finatic by and means, but I think you would be better off with something simpler like a passive setup focusing on a superior install, instead of just slapping some coaxs in.

I'm not buying coax's, there just what I have at the moment.

I'm really planning a active setup before to long.

I got a new project in the works. All my funding is going to that. So this is on hold.

I'm not buying coax's, there just what I have at the moment.

I'm really planning a active setup before to long.

I got a new project in the works. All my funding is going to that. So this is on hold.

Wow bro, lol. You had every body willing to help you out on this, and then you just hung up the phone :WTFBubble:

So much to do, so little time :ughdunno: