crazyman54783

BMW E36 BASS Help!!!

Hello guys,

So I need some help with understanding what is going on with my trunk. I had a bmw sedan E36 style, 2X 12" Qs and a RF T15001d... I open the trunk the subs are not distorting what so ever at 3/4vol on the head unit after DMM the amp to the recommended RMS value, But i close the trunk and it sounds like complete hell in the car. Its like the bass is trapped in the trunk? Do you guys think i should make a new deck out of wood with huge holes in it, and cut the metal one out so that I can get some pressure loss in the trunk, so that the pressure will go into the cab? Also the box is at 4 cuin @ 32.5 hz, "thats all i could fit in the trunk, theres not alot of room in there". I tried to get pic uploaded but the pc is being stupid. Any help in the matter would be great. Thanks guys. BTW I cut a huge hole already cut a huge hole for the box to fit behind the seat, and i dont have a ski hole.

That car had a rear fold down seat option, was helpful. Definitely fire back.

Ya i wish it had the fold down seat option but it doesn't. mine is one of the rare ones that doesnt have the ski or fold down seats. I put the subs right about 4-1/2" from the back of the car firing back.

That may not be enough space. Those trunks are "tight". Have you cut yourself a skipass or pass through?

Ya i have around a 15" tall by 34" opening from the trunk to the back seat.. once i put the back seat in it just seems to trap the pressure inside the trunk. Thats why I was wondering if i should just blow some big holes in the deck and make a new deck out of wood and carpet it with speaker carpet, " the almost see through kind so that sound can freely go through".

um yea i had a e46 they had to make the box in three diffrent pieces and it took up the whole trunk and idont think it was as big as that one

///M5,

Do you think my box is to big for the trunk? Is this possible?

Hey crazyman , I'm getting a 2000 bmw 528 or 540i. Could you give some advice or opinions plz since your a bimmer lover it looks like?

I'm gonna be installing 1 15 BTL N2 powered by a hifonics 2000.1. Do you think the 5 series will handle it with stock h/o and jus 1 batt? I'll be running 0 awg rockford fosgate wiring to underhood electrical and amp wiring.

Thank you for your time

Edited by audiophile144