MalibuOn22s

Best 12s for the $

So I am pretty set on putting 4-12s in my malibu. I have been looking into the AQ HDC3 12s and they look beast as well as the AA Havoc 12s. What I'm looking for with this thread is what sub do you guys think I should go with?

I can put each sub in a box about 2-2.5 cubes each, and I will be running a Sundown 2000d on each pair so roughly 1000-1250 watts each sub.

The thing with the 4-12 setup is the space, I have 42w, 34 length, and 12-15 Height. At first I was thinking subs up port back would be the best bcz I don't know how I could fit subs back port back with only 42 inches of room?

SO yea any ideas on subs and a box design would be great :)

Best, none of the above.

Best for you? Not possible as you gave us NO INFORMATION.

There is one best here and that is, this thread is the best waste of space you've done yet. Read the noob guidelines again and think about it and then come fix this useless mess

Dude, you are all over the place. Didnt all this start with 2 18" xcons?

Slow down and do some reading/research, you are seriously about to waste a bunch of money!

And btw, you do NOT have the space. You forgot to subtract the volume the sub, the port, and the wood take up. 2 you can fit, 3 perhaps, 4 no way.

With all that extra weight in the trunk aren't you going to be rubbing those 22's? haha

lol the back actually has some clearance and the wheels don't actually turn like the front so I should be ok. I have drivin with a few ppl in the back and had no problems plus a ton of luggage :)

sorry I am such a waste of life to you mr M5

Here is the deal. I saw your initial response. Before you post again read the noob guidelines, perhaps twice, the link is in my signature. Once you are sure you understand them post again, but don't until you do. And stop disrespecting the forum by ignoring them. If you do again, I will take your right to post away for a while.

sorry I am such a waste of life to you mr M5

Here is the deal. I saw your initial response. Before you post again read the noob guidelines, perhaps twice, the link is in my signature. Once you are sure you understand them post again, but don't until you do. And stop disrespecting the forum by ignoring them. If you do again, I will take your right to post away for a while.

Which 12" Sub should I look into? Right now I am measuring at 42W, 35L, 15H. I want 4 12"s, subs up port back.

A)Previous products that you have used (i.e. amplifiers if its an amplifier question, etc)-Sub related

B)Budgetary constraints200-350 per sub

C)Vehicle which the equipment will be used in-2009 Malibu

D)Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particuars.-none because i'm a noob......

E)Musical preferences-rap

F)System goals-LOW lows and really loud. I am coming from a 18" Solo x

G)List any research you have previously done-I have looked into the AQ HDC3s and they have really stood out

Man that was fun

Edited by MalibuOn22s

man you got all the mods looking at this ,

6 User(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. heckvr4,

2. Shag,

3. patented17,

4. Sir-Lancelot,

5. lithium,

6. Julian

:popcorn:

whats your total budget for this project? do you have the electrical upgrades for 4kw?

Edited by DSmith

Listen man, take this as you want...... do 2 12's you can spend more money on better quality and give them the enclosure they desire! the power they NEED! and you will have a clean slick nice HEARTPOUNDING system....dont go with over kill. This is coming from a guy who put a BTL 18" in the trunk of a malibu and the reason these guys are harsh on what they say is because you NEED to hear it. Its not an attack against you. and you came here for our input....so do this right already Get 2 12's with a sick enclosure strap amps or run 1 to each and DO SOME DO bro....... LETS SEE THIS BUILD LOG ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing::sleepwerd4: