Rocko213

Mayhem 15's vs BTL 15's

whats the difference in sound, power handling and pretty much overall?..since their made by the same people it makes it hard for me to choose..i dont like the look of the new n2 so im leaning more toward the mayhem..and weight is not an issue..

Since you didnt give us any information to go on, it is hard for me to choose too. Since you dont like the looks of it, not that you are going to be looking at the magnet all day unless your doing an inverted box then go with the Mayhem. It will be all in the install, design and what your goals are.

what do you need for info?..people always want to know more..i just asked a simple question whats the diference obviously i want loud..if the car makes a difference its an 03 explorer im going to power each one with a T2500 bdcp plenty electrical already have a dc 270 and 2 kinetik 2400 in back and 1800 up front..the install is already done 2 runs of 0 gauge power and ground big 3 all that good stuff...anything else you need to know mon cher

Reading the descriptions of both might tell you the differences. No one can tell you which one will be louder as there are to many variables that go into an install.

The Mayhem's and the BTL's are two different woofers.

One geared for SPL the other for music. Which so you want?

i want both.. what do you mean by that?..i listen to music rap techno also want spl..and which one is spl and which one is music?...

Well get them both then, Mayhem = Louder on Music and BTL = Louder on Meter. But then again all in the install. :sleepwerd4:

i want both.. what do you mean by that?..i listen to music rap techno also want spl..and which one is spl and which one is music?...

mayhem music, btl for spl, but I honestly doubt you could tell the difference in terms of sq.

what do you need for info?..people always want to know more..i just asked a simple question whats the diference obviously i want loud.

To have a forum be a useful place for anyone questions need to be asked and they need to be answered. There are no generic answers so therefore there should be no generic question. There are rules in the forum you agreed to that keep this useful so that the thread will help you AND others who may search and find it. Your question fulfilled neither. Please stop disrespecting the forum and actually give us the information that you agreed you would when you joined or don't make a thread. You will find when you do that you get exactly the information you need to make a decision and when you don't you will get a bunch of shit that is useless for everyone as you will be left with subjective responses based on incomplete information.

Well get them both then, Mayhem = Louder on Music and BTL = Louder on Meter. But then again all in the install. :sleepwerd4:

mayhem music, btl for spl, but I honestly doubt you could tell the difference in terms of sq.

Y'all are both wrong, the Mayhem is the more SPL geared woofer with it having no pole piece vent at all and more then likely a tighter gap.

Whats the pole piece?..what do you mean by tighter gap?..and what is the ending result with this?...thanks bra

Whats the pole piece?..what do you mean by tighter gap?..and what is the ending result with this?...thanks bra

Google/search and ask a real question. :(

Bra? Seriously?

Do a search on each speaker on each respective web site and educate yourself.

Google/search and ask a real question. :(

:suicide-santa:

:lol2:

The ending result makes the speaker, in simple terms, makes the woofer a little sloppier. You wouldn't notice it.

But the BTL would play music better.

Y'all are both wrong, the Mayhem is the more SPL geared woofer with it having no pole piece vent at all and more then likely a tighter gap.

No..

They are two different woofers that are made for the same application for two different markets.

Neither is going to be leaps and bounds better for SPL, or daily driving. They are targeted at the same purpose..which is higher power handling daily music.

Few of our subs even have pole vents any longer.

Listen to the Boss !

OP, get the Mayhem if you feel it more.

I understand that if you don't like the look , you don't want it ! even if it will not be visible : it's your car, your taste, and your money.

You will like them both in the right box for your car. IMO

Both are quality products and perform well.

Good luck

it comes down to whether you want to buy your sub through an authorized dealer (AA) or if you want to buy it online (Fi)

which one could be used in a smaller box..im trying to put 4 15's in the back of an 03 explorer

which one could be used in a smaller box..im trying to put 4 15's in the back of an 03 explorer

Not enough room my friend. You would need about 12ish cubes maybe more, with about 250^2 port area.

That's alot to fit. I'd say 3 15"s would work just fine.

I have a friend named "Tank" with 3 15"s in the back of a Tahoe burping 158's and doing 155's on music.

3 15's is a good plan..one less amp i have to buy..so in terms of box.. you think it should be around how many cubic feet?.. thanks bra