Deto1992

Low Budget Amps

Im planning on buying either a fully loaded ssd 12 or a soundstream splx. So i need a good amp that can push about 1000-1200 watts rms for around $175. Ive looked at autotek, crunch, hifonics, planet audio, etc. Anybody have any experience with a cheap but trustworthy amp?

Some users have used Audiopipe with good results. Another option might be Powerbass.

I would look in the Classifieds section for a used amp as well.

no 1st hand experience, but a bunch of people run hifonics with no issues...

DB-R is having a sale on refurb sundown amps, i think the sae-1200 is around 175, check it out!

no 1st hand experience, but a bunch of people run hifonics with no issues...

DB-R is having a sale on refurb sundown amps, i think the sae-1200 is around 175, check it out!

x2

DB-r.com has a 25% off sale until the 1st of january and the amps they have are all within your budget +/- 5$. All within the power you wanted as well.

Sundown amps are very good amps at that.

Sae-1200dv.2

Sae-1200dv.1

Sae-1000d

Take those links.

Theres no need to worry about refurbished amps? and sidenote, i know i stated that i was between the ssd and splx but does anyone have any experience with the sa-12s?

I would go for a Soundstream Rubicon. Best sound quality out of any amp I have heard in a long time... And they are super cheap....

Edited by The SSD Madman

The RUB1.1000D is $185 thru Buy.com but if you want a SS authorized warranty, you should only buy through Onlinecarstero.com. Over there it is $290, so it might be out of your price range.... But I love my Rubicon, mine has been stable down to .35 ohm loads, and puts out ungodly amounts of clean sounding bass the entire time. And I leave mine running 24/7, and it has never once given me any issues since I bought it back in May.

:) <----- click for happiness. Edited by xAndrewx

There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying refurbished amps from db-r. I've had my 3000d from Chris at db-r for a year now, installed for about 5 months, and it's been working fantastically. I'm almost certain its where Sundown Audio sends their amps to get fixed. The amps from db-r also come with a one year warranty. And i'll have it be known that i blew my saz-3000 via excessive shorting and Chris even fixed it for free (stupidy isn't covered by warranty). You can buy with confidence from db-r. You're getting a product thats as good as new (aside from maybe not having the bass remote)

here

I have brand new SA-12s for sale in the classified section for $150 each. I also have MB Quart DSC1500.1d amps for sale that I used for 2 months for $150 each. The amps are rated at 1500wrms @ 1ohm. Check them out.

I would go for a Soundstream Rubicon. Best sound quality out of any amp I have heard in a long time... And they are super cheap....

You don't hear amps SQ. An amp is an amp unless its a piece of shit

Every amp sounds different, some are more noticeable than others. For example, I could guarantee you would hear a difference between my RF 1500bd, and my Soundstream with my twins. I have about 15 people that have noticed the difference in the way it sounds as well. Doesn't mean the RF is a piece of shit, it just doesn't sound the same.

LOL

Excuse for that...

You can hear SQ from a subbass amp?

Aren't you the guy who uses a car amp in house? :peepwall:

Edited by kirill007

lol yourself, but that last post has nothing to do with what the op was discussing.

Every amp sounds different, some are more noticeable than others. For example, I could guarantee you would hear a difference between my RF 1500bd, and my Soundstream with my twins. I have about 15 people that have noticed the difference in the way it sounds as well. Doesn't mean the RF is a piece of shit, it just doesn't sound the same.

That is only due to lack of setting things up equally.

I completely disagree and so will 99% of other audiophiles.

The best amplifiers are ones that only amplify the input signal without adding any tonal color. GL with that because this is subjective.

The best amplifiers are ones that only amplify the input signal without adding any tonal color. GL with that because this is subjective.

Has anyone ever proved that a certain amp gives a tonal color to the amplified sound?

I have never seen a article where they test amps and see a difference in tonal color... Except just people telling that amps do add a tonal color.( probably just to justify the amount of money they spend on a amp.)

Has anyone ever proved that a certain amp gives a tonal color to the amplified sound?

I have never seen a article where they test amps and see a difference in tonal color... Except just people telling that amps do add a tonal color.( probably just to justify the amount of money they spend on a amp.)

That is why I finished my statement with "subjective". Take a 50w Walmart amp a 50w ZED amp and a vintage 50w McIntosh tube amp. Can you measure timbre? I do not think so but you could hear it.

Take for instance the $110 Boss REV-665. Over on diyma guys have said it "sounded" better than a $1400 Zapco, subjective.

Ha. There is NOTHING you can hear that you can't measure. Your ear sucks in comparison to a measurement mic.

That is why I finished my statement with "subjective". Take a 50w Walmart amp a 50w ZED amp and a vintage 50w McIntosh tube amp. Can you measure timbre? I do not think so but you could hear it.

Take for instance the $110 Boss REV-665. Over on diyma guys have said it "sounded" better than a $1400 Zapco, subjective.

timbre,tonal color=subjective.

That is probably because install with the boss was better...(or he just couldn't hear the difference.)

It's just a bad example. :peepwall:

Edited by kirill007