Deto1992

Low Budget Amps

Amps only amplify the incoming signal. They do not change the sound. An unclipped, clean signal will sound the same, IMO.

The main reasons to buy a brand X over Y are price, features, and brand reliability. Not SQ.

If I spent $1500 on an amp I would have already convinced myself it would sound better than the $200 amp it replaced before I even listened to it, therefore it would sound better to me because I just spent all that money. The mind is a very powerful tool.

Phychoacoustics.

Edit to add if it sounds better to me, that's the goal. So if in the end I am happy then I win.

Amps only amplify the incoming signal. They do not change the sound. An unclipped, clean signal will sound the same, IMO.

The main reasons to buy a brand X over Y are price, features, and brand reliability. Not SQ.

If I spent $1500 on an amp I would have already convinced myself it would sound better than the $200 amp it replaced before I even listened to it, therefore it would sound better to me because I just spent all that money. The mind is a very powerful tool.

Phychoacoustics.

Edit to add if it sounds better to me, that's the goal. So if in the end I am happy then I win.

(And not to add, some amps produce more power, stay cooler, look better,have less distortion at a certain power level,...blablabla)

I am purchasing an Audioque hdc3 rated for 1000wrms so im looking for a solid 1000w amp. I came across a more than reasonably priced hifonics amp that pushes 1500w at 1 ohm. However, the amp only has 4 guage power inputs and I was wondering if that was something i had to worry about. Can a true 4 guage power wire handle 1500 watts?

I am purchasing an Audioque hdc3 rated for 1000wrms so im looking for a solid 1000w amp. I came across a more than reasonably priced hifonics amp that pushes 1500w at 1 ohm. However, the amp only has 4 guage power inputs and I was wondering if that was something i had to worry about. Can a true 4 guage power wire handle 1500 watts?

The AP15001D's are out of stock apparently (never hurt to have head room), but these are in stock and are solid 1K budget amps. I have used the AP15001D, and now own an AP18001D and AP3002 2 ch and love them. This site is legit so 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Personally for a HDC3 I would go for an AP15001D atleast, but an AP18001D would be better and still only around $190 shipped. The HDC3 subs will handle ~2400-2600 rms of clean power. DJ rates them at 1K so noobs don't fry em. Hope this helps. I know a little about buildin systems on a budget, lol. BALLIN ON A BUDGET FTW!

http://vminnovations.com/product_5568/AUDIOPIPE_AP10001D_1000W_MONO_Power_Amplifier.html

My AP15001D on 2 IA Leathal Injection 12's in 3.4^ @ 32Hz box by iamamp3pimp:

Edit: Forgot, yes true 4 awg wire is fine for 1500 rms. My 1800 has 4 awg terminals and it does rated.

Edited by PHATBOi

I think people possibly perceive SQ as a cleaner signal.. which may seem like it's louder/clearer at lower volumes.... I don't know but I can notice a slight difference between a shit amplified signal and a good one more within home application though, tough to say in a car...

Dont let the 4 gauge power inputs turn you away if the amp is what you want, you can run 1/0 wire and get some 4 gauge reducers to plug into the terminals.

Like so:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16846_Stinger-SPT821-Gold.html

Dont let the 4 gauge power inputs turn you away if the amp is what you want, you can run 1/0 wire and get some 4 gauge reducers to plug into the terminals.

Like so:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16846_Stinger-SPT821-Gold.html

Yeah i hear you man. I just dont understand why a company would limit an amps gauge size to 4 when the amp can push upwards of 1600w rms at 1 ohm. Thanks for the option though!