Sign in to follow this  

I was looking at a aq2200d. I have a 2009 Tahoe with a 4.8L?. So I was thinking if I had a upgraded battery in the front and a bank of kinetic 1800s or similar from XS power(which one would be better) also open to other suggestions? Would that be enough to run a aq2200d at .5 daily? It will only be played at full tilt for demos. Also I will probably put a battery charger on the bank at night.

You would only need 1-2 large batteries in the rear in addition to the front battery for .5 daily.

You could do just 1 large battery in the rear if you are up to doing a H/O alternator.

No H/O for a while.

Why not?

Money issues.

Well you know what I think. :)

1-2 rear batteries.

With all the batteries you'll be buying, that could add up to the price of a good alternator.

With all the batteries you'll be buying, that could add up to the price of a good alternator.

Agree!

Well nothing is for certain. I would think two kinetic 1800s in the back would be cool. I can get them for $189 each. If i was to get a alt I would be buying from either Mechman or Dc power. they aren't exactly cheap.

or save up... and buy an alt and an alternator.

Ok answer me this question. If I get a H/O alt will it void my powertrain warranty getting it put on and using it?

Ok answer me this question. If I get a H/O alt will it void my powertrain warranty getting it put on and using it?

I drive on 08 hoe.... you can install the alt yourself. It's 2 bolts and 2 electrical connections.. It won't void your warranty in any way but if your worried about it you can swap the oem back in whenever you go to the dealership.

The real way to go is dual/triple alts. :)

And FYI I had a 3000D at 1ohm on stock electrical with 2 yellow tops in the back for well over a year and never had any issues.

Stock you have a ~140 amp alt I believe (I may be wrong... I never clamped mine).

It wouldn't void anything. :)

I would do an alternator and one large rear battery HC2400 or something like it.

Alright I might use graduation money for the alt and install of the whole system. Now I'm thinking if i get a alt i might as well go all out and run multiple amps. Damn this will be my second system(first in this car) might be overkill(if there is such a thing).

Alright I might use graduation money for the alt and install of the whole system. Now I'm thinking if i get a alt i might as well go all out and run multiple amps. Damn this will be my second system(first in this car) might be overkill(if there is such a thing).

Overkill?????

WTF is that?????????

I was saying that as in I don't compete and I think since I might get a alt I might run two aq or sundown 3500s. Maybe a atomic or cactus 7k. I'm doing 4 15d either way. Maybe a big battery bank and two 4500s. I figure the alt will set back my install about 3 months because I'm about to be a struggling college student.

I was saying that as in I don't compete and I think since I might get a alt I might run two aq or sundown 3500s. Maybe a atomic or cactus 7k. I'm doing 4 15d either way. Maybe a big battery bank and two 4500s. I figure the alt will set back my install about 3 months because I'm about to be a struggling college student.

Have you even heard a large system before?

For your first system you shouldn't go that big, only bad things will happen.

Bad things? I won't go that big it was just a thought. I will probably will still have 1 aq2200 and will upgrade to 2. So 1 to each pair of 15s at 1 ohm each.

Edited by Fearz

Bad things? I won't go that big it was just a thought. I will probably will still have 1 aq2200 and will upgrade to 2. So 1 to each pair of 15s at 1 ohm each.

If you plan on upgrading then get a big alt now instead of small alt now to get you by then big alt later.

Yeah. I just looked at dc and they have lowered there price a few months ago a alt for my car was $600 now $550.lol. I have to see what Mechman can do for me on a 270a unit.

Edited by Fearz

Yeah. I just looked at dc and they have lowered there price a few months ago a alt for my car was $600 now $550.lol. I have to see what Mechman can do for me on a 270a unit.

hit up tejcurrent

you could run dual stock alts on the cheap.

Do you know what brand alts he uses or does he build his own? What's his warranty like?

Do you know what brand alts he uses or does he build his own? What's his warranty like?

http://www.tejcurrent.com/products.htm

Builds his own alts. Dual or triple stock alts would be nice for that power and they can be found on the cheap. You could get a dual bracket add another stock alt and have 290a with good output at idle too.

Just saying.

email him, super nice guy.

sales@tejcurrent.com

He has great prices. Thanks man. I may get a alt now. how has his products treated you? Also what's the warranty. I didn't find anything.