Sign in to follow this  
Havasufreak

what wire should i look into! please help!

what wire should i look into? im not really sure how to ask all these questions so lemme know if i get confusing.

im pretty sure im running 1/0 gauge wire from my battery to my amp. (my amp is a sundown sae 1200 v2) .....let alone what fuse to run??

now what size and kind of wire to run from my amp to my sub? (sub is a 10" fi bl)

ALSO what RCAs to run??? there are SOOO many brands and so many options. (i have an alpine ida x001 headunit if that helps too)

i also am not sure how much wire i need for anything yet. just curious what i should look into. i plan on measuring out how much i need tomorrow.

i know there are a lot of questions and i prob said something confusing so lemme know!! your help would be VERY helpful!

Thanks!!

What is your overall budget for wiring, and what vehicle.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

I prefer to use ofc power wire. I like Monster Cable 400 wire and Stinger HPM. Both brands are expensive mainly due to the brand name. Shop around for deals. Some people like to use welding cable.

There are many online power rating charts available, look at 12v power charts.

There is alot of marketing hype over RCA interconnects. I prefer to make my own. You can save yourself alot of money by making your own If done correctly. There are many online how-to articles. A popular brand is KnuKoncepts if you like to buy premade. I never used KnuKoncepts products but many do.

For my power wire ive used welding cable, and kicker cable, both are great, the kicker is pricey but looks very nice.

I love my knukonceptz wire and rcas! But welding cable from weldingsupply.com is the real deal as well!

Monster is very good wire but I just recently picked up 50ft from weldingsupply.com and it's HQ.

stay away from cheap ebay wiring as its usaully undersized, stay away from the Copper Clad Aluminum also as it is an inferior. Otherwise the welding supply wire is definetly the most cost effective as your not paying for advertising of the "car audio wire" and its true gauge and pure copper.

Also the welding supply wire has a pretty high strand count, so it's pretty malleable. Can twist and bend easily around obsticles.

welding cable definitely. before you order online, check and see if there is a local welding supply store near you. I got 25 ft of 1/0 for $2.28/ft from National Welding Supply. If you buy local, you don't have to wait on shipping and its close by if you suddenly need a little more. Just my $0.02

edit:

I like my KnuKoncepts speaker wire and RCA's. They are pretty good quality and look nice.

Edited by Chainsaw

As most posted, get welding cable. Not the prettiest stuff but blends well in an engine bay and it's the best bang for your buck. IMO the only reason to buy any "stereo" brand is for just the look. To me it doesn't justify the added cost.

Edited by beandip