Sign in to follow this  
jaymoung

15 OR 18

im selling my memphis mojo 15(1750 rms) for 250. im looking to take that money and buy me a FI sub.im looking and have been for a while now at the ssd 18 ,but i know where a fi q (red logo) 15 in a ported box that im sure the guy wants no more then 300 for

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/ele/2132649618.html

my question which i know im not gonna ask right

but what would be the difference between the two subs

i know 18= more cone area

and the 15= more power

i listen to mainly rap and rnb

and im looking to feel the bass more then hear it so im go say im looking for sq but still want some spl

Edited by jaymoung

^what? are you posting from your smartphone? if so, type on a keyboard... Thanks

What kind of vehicle is this going into? Do you have enough room for a properly built enclosure for an 18?

no, lol, you want spl more than life itself.

You want a BL or an SSD if u wanna save some money.

@Shogen actually i am its fully touchscreen(i hate it)

@shizzzon its a 4 door s10 blazer

$300 or so for a used 15" Q sounds steep. i picked up one a while back off craigslist for $120. it is the older generation, but still in great shape. good luck.

Edited by smashedz28

@smashedz28 well you know how ppl is these days they want atleast 60% - 75% of what they paid but thats just a rough guess what do you think that q is worth?

His description says "box made to specs", that says basically nothing. Ask him what the internal volume is, ported or sealed, what is it tuned to. If he gives you BS then don't buy the box.

also if the guy doesn't really know the specs for the box don't buy the subwoofer.... Chances are he abused teh shyt out of the subwoofer and you don't want to buy abused equipment... And I can totally understand the whole touchscreen crap... I love my phone but I no longer text or post from it like I did my BlackBerry...

my question still havnt been answered

what type of sub are the ssd and q

Get a SSD... Very good response and good SPL... Q is more for a audio specific category but it can play pretty much anything....??

cant speak on the ssd, dont know anything about that. the Q is more of a 'sq' oriented sub, BL and BTL are the spl oriented subs. sure ssd is between the 2 somewhere ? lol the q can sound awesome though, ive heard the 12 " version of the q and loved it, soon ill have the 15" version i have installed and i can comment more on it. damn nice sub imo

Edited by smashedz28

alos, port the SSD if you want maximum output... Kbye

If he takes 150 for the whole kit and kaboodle, then do it... otherwise it's not worth the hassle of buying it from someone off craigslist... Will he let you go see it "in action" ?

he told 50 for the 0 gag 150 for the yellow top but this was about a week ago idk if he remembers me or not but when i asked him how much for the fi q he said "500 for complete"

but im over that...ill be ordering either the 15 ssd or 18 ssd i dont wanna get the 15 and wish i should have gotten the 18

18 requires alot of space man... what vehicle is this again???

you dedicated the whole trunk area for bass?

yeah well that and amps all i do know is put my tool box back there and my amps are mounted onto the back of the seats

I'd say stick to 15 but, you need like 5-7 cubes for an 18' SSD in a sealed application... depends on type of enclosure as well... Ported I think it goes 8-10 cubes man... That's not small...

how would i measure to see if i have enough room also this might be a dumb noob question but can you explain to me how tuning works.i see ppl go high tuning with comps to hit high dbs and ppl go low tuning to hit lows does that mean theyll lose dbs and not be loud?

uh-oh... bad questions... I cannot explain "how tuning works" ... But basically higher frequency during competition is done to hit higher numbers usually, going lower is to more the a music thing... Measure the width of the opening of your hatch, the depth from the hatch to the seat and the maximum height you want the box... do all this in inches... Then multiply those numbers.... You now have cubic inches.... Then plug that number into the blank field on this page...

http://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/cubic-inches-to-cubic-feet.htm

lol gotcha still learning but online it says in a 4 door s10 blazer theres 37.3 cubic feet of cargo area behind its rear seats

Sign in to follow this