Airmack

XXX or RL-s?

Well, I have not had experience with either driver but, what do you guys think I should get? Which will sound better and get louder? I have not decided what amp to use yet... Maybe an AX1000D

im anxious to read this one myself also... im assuming its the new xxx vs. tje RL-S

and you know where to go for the amp rite? ;)

Well, I have not had experience with either driver but, what do you guys think I should get? Which will sound better and get louder? I have not decided what amp to use yet... Maybe an AX1000D

thats true lol okay rls vs the old xxx go go go!

Well, Rl-s has minimally more excursion, so it has the ability to have slightly more output. Sound quality.....well, I know someone who listened to the Rl-s that I had for demo, and liked it more than any XXX he'd ever heard (which he's heard around 15 or so).

Downfall is the Rl-s needs a larger enclosure.

I probably should have thought this through more. I didn't think the two subs (one being not even out yet) as being relatively untested and new. Maybe I will look into another sub for now.

The thing that makes me not want the RL-s is the enclosure size

Read this info.  Freaking awesome! 

http://forum.carstereos.org/showthread.php?t=56398

that is an awesome read, but I am still not going to pay Adire prices :peepwall:

Obviously Dan is going to " bad mouth" the other motor topologies.

He did say the downfalls of his product, they werent that bad compared to the others

He didnt mention anything about a difference in sound.

And i agree, I wouldnt pay Adire prices ( now)

Dan kept his comments to the facts about each type. There was no "bad mouthing" about it as everything he said was true and unopinionated. But just because you don't like his conclusions doesn't mean you need to take cheap shots at him. Or maybe you could prove factually that his conclusions are wrong?

I don't think it's bad mouthing ... from what I've researched and from those who I've talked to ... it's the truth.

I think he did an admirable job and even mentioned he has a biased opinion but we all do how can we hold that against him. Great read none the less. Thanks Dan.

I think he did an admirable job and even mentioned he has a biased opinion but we all do how can we hold that against him. Great read none the less. Thanks Dan.

Exactly what im saying.

He did say the downfalls of his product, they werent that bad compared to the others

He didnt mention anything about a difference in sound.

And i agree, I wouldnt pay Adire prices ( now)

Change " bad mouth" to " have a biased oppinion about"

actually, quite a good read.

the only thing i tend to disagree with is the useage of the rl-s. but that disagreement is of opinion, not fact. in my brief experience with it, i believe it sounded quite well, actually quite a bit better then the (old) XXX in the same enclosure, 2.5ft^3 tuned to 28hz. (roughly).

it all boils down to a few simple facts, the most important being application. then sound preference ( i like the rl-p better then the xxx and almost as much as the rl-s) and budget.

but i don't think Dan badmouthed anything, however, i do like his hint of superiority of the XBL^2 over split coil but way of the patent holder of the split coil...lol....RE has gotta love that.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: