Sign in to follow this  
dodo502

HELP buying subs

Im wanting to purchase new subs for my explorer once i get my tax return. i previously had 2 15" kicker L7s in a ported box power by a memphis mojo 2400 amp. id like to stick around paying a 1000.00 for subs/amp/head unit. maybe a little more. id still like to get 2 15's. i had the last sytem 4 years ago so ive been out of the loops on good sub/amp combos. could i get some recommendations please. im wanting to be very loud, not to worried about SQ either.

What's with the multiple posts on the same subject? No need to clutter the board with the same subject.

Click it

My friend had 2 l7 15s in a ported box, he heard my 12" fiaudio btl, and was very impressed by how loud it was, idk what your looking to spend on everything else, but you can't go wrong with Fi, the btl is a man of an spl sub.

What do you consider "very loud"? Are you dead set on two 15"s? One 18" will generally require a similarly sized box as two 15"s and you could purchase a better sub (and possibly save some money). Are you planning on running another amp for your mid/highs to keep up with your "very loud" sub stage? Have you performed/planned any electrical upgrades? What do you require in a head unit? You're not giving us much to go on here.

What do you consider "very loud"? Are you dead set on two 15"s? One 18" will generally require a similarly sized box as two 15"s and you could purchase a better sub (and possibly save some money). Are you planning on running another amp for your mid/highs to keep up with your "very loud" sub stage? Have you performed/planned any electrical upgrades? What do you require in a head unit? You're not giving us much to go on here.

^^ answer these questions first