Gboogie28

Difference between dc alt models

lulz

i wish, or should i say, u guys wish i was closer to you so u could use me as the test subject...

I run plenty times more power than kyle could ever hear, hehe.

Any setup that gets put in my car will extensively surpass the alternator's capability so it's easy to test max output in that scenario.

Logically speaking, it's impossible to run that much power constantly, that's why i only do it for a couple seconds at a time.

Kyle just *thinks* we're going to do a dual kit on his Camry.... Maybe when he gets his system done I'll think about it... lol (J/K Kyle, since I know your going to read this)

what year is his Camry? I've got an 05 and am thinking about a new alt eventually

i wish, or should i say, u guys wish i was closer to you so u could use me as the test subject...

Any setup that gets put in my car will extensively surpass the alternator's capability so it's easy to test max output in that scenario.

Logically speaking, it's impossible to run that much power constantly, that's why i only do it for a couple seconds at a time.

Kyles going to have 15k+, trust me, he'll beat the shit out of it.. You just need to hurry up and get your 390!!

Kyle just *thinks* we're going to do a dual kit on his Camry.... Maybe when he gets his system done I'll think about it... lol (J/K Kyle, since I know your going to read this)

what year is his Camry? I've got an 05 and am thinking about a new alt eventually

His is an '02, but it's exactly the same setup from I think '99-'09.. They didn't change mounting for 10 years... On most ~2500w systems, our 180 does a very good job... XPs are a bit much for the motor, but they run awesome... Either way you go, we have you covered on that... Rob

Kyles going to have 15k+, trust me, he'll beat the shit out of it.. You just need to hurry up and get your 390!!

His is an '02, but it's exactly the same setup from I think '99-'09.. They didn't change mounting for 10 years... On most ~2500w systems, our 180 does a very good job... XPs are a bit much for the motor, but they run awesome... Either way you go, we have you covered on that... Rob

I've got about 1500 watts going to my sub and 200 going to the front(probably moving up to 400 or so eventually)

since you guys are talkin about Camry's so much... ill go ahead and ask;

i have talked to kyle and someone else about a alt for my 1994 Camry. its the 3.0 v6. i was wondering, what should i go with? i will be runninga sundown1500d. and my mids/highs amp(190x2). i want to get an alt that i have the potential to upgrademy amp(s) later down the road. too possibly 3k-4kwatts.

at first, i was thinking the 270xp. but ive read that the xp's are hard on the engines? so i was thinking of the 320hp maybe? i just dont wont upgrade my alt later. so i rather just get a nice, huge one now. ;)

thanks.

-jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Run an XP and be done with it.. 320HPs are good in cars like yours, but much more suited to other vehicles because of pulley ratio's.. XP's aren't too bad on V6 cars, it's 4 bangers that have a hard time.. We're going to re-do the 1MZ Toyota setup we have, just have to have a car come in.. The big things with the XP, you can never have too much alternator, EVER, and you can always change it to fit a different vehicle if you change. In essence, you buy an XP, you have a high output alternator for life.. For most people, that more than justifies the small premium, especially to step up to that kind of performance.. Let us know what you think.. Rob

ok, so u will be re-doing the 1mz setup as soon as you get a donor? any idea of a time frame? just wanna kno when ill be able to order a alt.

I got a local car ready... Just need some free time.. We did Kyles old one, but was not real happy with it... Then a certain nameless person (Kyle) totalled his car the next day. Anyways, I digress.. We'll have it done soon though, next 30 days or so...

OH SHIT! he must have totaled it fairly recently then right? becausea few weeks ago, i think i remember talking to him and h still had it. glad hes ok.

since you will be re-doing the xp, could i get the 15% off sale after the new one comes out? :D:peepwall:

I got a local car ready... Just need some free time.. We did Kyles old one, but was not real happy with it... Then a certain nameless person (Kyle) totalled his car the next day. Anyways, I digress.. We'll have it done soon though, next 30 days or so...

Hmmm for a minuet reading this I was hoping you were referring to my car as that "local car ready" Im the guy with the RX 300 who has been bugging Kyle to get my car in for a 270XP..

I know you say the 390xp but after thinking about it for a while and what you guys have told me just the 270xp does to the car.. I don't think i feel comfortable putting the car through "braking sensations" while i listen to music driving down the road.

Unless you can offer a reason otherwise... I have been thinking about the HP alt instead.

OH SHIT! he must have totaled it fairly recently then right? becausea few weeks ago, i think i remember talking to him and h still had it. glad hes ok.

since you will be re-doing the xp, could i get the 15% off sale after the new one comes out? :D:peepwall:

Nah, that was his old Avalon, I think that happened at the end of '09 and then he got his Camry which thankfully "Crash" hasn't hit anything with yet... lol

Hmmm for a minuet reading this I was hoping you were referring to my car as that "local car ready" Im the guy with the RX 300 who has been bugging Kyle to get my car in for a 270XP.

If you are that person, then your the lucky candidate... He didn't give me any specifics, just that we had a local customer with a 1MZ motor.. I think I spent 6 hours doing Kyles bracket the first time we did it, and it was a PAIN.. But we also didn't have the alternator cases available that we do now so this time around it shouldn't be so bad..

I know you say the 390xp but after thinking about it for a while and what you guys have told me just the 270xp does to the car.. I don't think i feel comfortable putting the car through "braking sensations" while i listen to music driving down the road.

Unless you can offer a reason otherwise... I have been thinking about the HP alt instead.

You'll notice any alternator that you put in your car above stock.. The 390's aren't that bad really especially at speed.. Amperage is amperage, once you get to a certain point, X amperage no matter what form it's in is going to cause a certain amount of "drag"... Compare a 390XP against say a 320 amp lg case GM, and the XP will pull less because its 30% more efficient.. We could spend hours on this, but it all boils down to your going to pay a certain price to play, its just a matter of how much your willing to pay in a sense..

@ Rob- cool.. I know Kyle said you guys had got bogged down with a bunch of stuff, im anxious to get an XP in the ride though. I need :morepower1: . Really i just wanna have that thing in there to be ready for the next upgrade in the future..