Sign in to follow this  
squigswv

Opinions on single din dvd head unit

Hi all,

So I am finally starting to piece together my audio install. I want to go with a dvd monitor for nav and visual purposes, and have narrowed it down to the following two. I tried looking for some reviews online, but very few single din reviews to be found and a double din will not fit my application. Anyways the two I am comparing are the Kenwood KVT-696 and Alpine IVA-D106. Both are pretty similar in price and feature wise seem to be on par to one another as well. I have always been an Alpine guy in the past, but Kenwood appealed to me as well. I already have the Imprint proccessor, and Sirius box for Alpine from my current setup. Biggest differences are the Kenwood has 5v pre-outs whereas the Alpine is 4v via the imprint unit (I think?). Anyone with expierence with the two units?

Thank you,

SQ

holy expensive!

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_IVA_D106_DVD_Receiver_p/500IVAD106.htm

and

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RPPa2WOdSaV/s_113KVT696/Kenwood-Excelon-KVT-696.html

i say go with the alpine since you already have the extra add-ons and don't worry about the 5v vs 4v!

here is my head unit! it is very nice and slick! and this is my favorite Headunit to date!

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDAVX77/JVC-KD-AVX77.html?search=jvc+avx

Have you checked out any Pioneer single din dvds such as the AVH-P5200BT with nav it is a really nice unit as well.

Have you checked out any Pioneer single din dvds such as the AVH-P5200BT with nav it is a really nice unit as well.

I haven't actually. I was never impressed with the Pioneer stuff in the past, but would be willing to check it out. My friend recomended the Pioneer as well, I am gonna have to go check one out in person. I had a few Pioneer head units back in the day and never really liked them, guess old habbits die hard! It really sucks with car audio stuff too, cause alot of the "good shit" from back in the day is pure garbage now and some vice versa.

As for price,,,, yeah they arent cheap, but I won't be paying nearly that much :)

Jay

Don't worry about the preamp voltage.

Don't worry about the preamp voltage.

Agreed. A lot of old school SQ amplifiers only accept up to 1.2v-1.5v anyway.

Thanks guys, I will probably just go with the Alpine. Always been good to me in the past!

SQ

Thanks guys, I will probably just go with the Alpine. Always been good to me in the past!

SQ

Hard to go wrong with an Alpine source unit.