Lschevy

enclosure thickness

Flow only has one direction, i'm sorry. :peepwall:

Just admit you're wrong, i know it's hard. :)

Edited by kirill007

No need to bother quoting here, but make up your mind if there is flow or not. First you throw out a term saying smoothing helps flow, then you say there is no flow in the box. Instantaneous flow is still flow, laminar flow is flow, but then you say there is no flow.

Since you're the master of all things enclosure, lets see some examples of your perfect boxes.

No need to bother quoting here, but make up your mind if there is flow or not. First you throw out a term saying smoothing helps flow, then you say there is no flow in the box. Instantaneous flow is still flow, laminar flow is flow, but then you say there is no flow.

Since you're the master of all things enclosure, lets see some examples of your perfect boxes.

I was giving you an out. Obviously you were too stubborn to take it. The resistance that is seen in laminar flow is the same resistance to the air moving in a box. It is still not flow and I never said it was flow. Go re-read. You keep taking one phrase out of context in this whole thread.

This whole discussion is about the fact that you were recommending NO BRACING which is flat out wrong based on the OP's first post.

I was giving you an out. Obviously you were too stubborn to take it. The resistance that is seen in laminar flow is the same resistance to the air moving in a box. It is still not flow and I never said it was flow. Go re-read. You keep taking one phrase out of context in this whole thread.

This whole discussion is about the fact that you were recommending NO BRACING which is flat out wrong based on the OP's first post.

So now you're saying a term YOU said applied with the word "flow" in it, isn't flow? How can it not be flow if what you said is flow, isn't flow?

The OP was

How big of part does wood thickness play in a good enclosure?
and based on that, nothing I've said is flat out wrong. You yourself said making it thicker IS a solution to making a box solid, making the answer to the OP, "a lot".

So now you're saying a term YOU said applied with the word "flow" in it, isn't flow? How can it not be flow if what you said is flow, isn't flow?

I never used flow, but resistance. They aren't the same or even close.

The OP was

and based on that, nothing I've said is flat out wrong. You yourself said making it thicker IS a solution to making a box solid, making the answer to the OP, "a lot".

A lot sure that isn't being contended, but bracing is important as well. Thickness isn't an end all be all solution.

So purple Kool-aid isn't purple or Kool-aid, got it.

The OP was

A lot sure that isn't being contended, but bracing is important as well. Thickness isn't an end all be all solution.

Bracing isn't an end all be all solution.

You are thick headed. IE it isn't for turbulent reasons that you go to those extremes.

The OP was

Never said it was, but it is important.

I learn more in this thread then I do in class.

Most people are unable to withstand the truth now a day :P

You are thick headed. IE it isn't for turbulent reasons that you go to those extremes.

The OP was

Never said it was, but it is important.

If it's not for turbulent reasons (And how do you get turbulence? Air flow conflicts), then explain why that is? After all, you did say it's for "laminar flow" that apparently isn't flow at all, despite what the definition and how it works is.

I learn more in this thread then I do in class.

Most people are unable to withstand the truth now a day :P

You didn't have to out M5 like that here.

I got a chance to get some wooden sheets of Bowling lanes for free! Talk about SOLID!!! What do yall think?!?! Has anyone ever herd of such an idea?!?

I got a chance to get some wooden sheets of Bowling lanes for free! Talk about SOLID!!! What do yall think?!?! Has anyone ever herd of such an idea?!?

What variety of wood is that? Isn't that planks and not a solid sheet?

It comes out in solid shhets as wide as the lane and in like 10' sections, It's hard as H---- and soild! If it can get hit by 15 lb bowling balls , then it can take some hits off 15"s!!!

The solid sheet lanes are composite, not wood. The wooden lanes are planked.

The solid sheet lanes are composite, not wood. The wooden lanes are planked.

Composite sheets might work well too, never looked into it because of the cost.

I'm pretty sure they are composite!!! And free, minus the use of of the truck!

I'm pretty sure they are composite!!! And free, minus the use of of the truck!

Try it and let us know? :ughdunno: