Sign in to follow this  
mlbman216

Few question before I finalized my Fi Q purchase!

So after a lot of research, I've decided to go with the 15" Fi Q. I plan on having it sealed, so I believe I need to do the high QTS (if anyone can explain what this means more that would be awesome). Also I've been told to get the cooling option, dual 2 ohm, and thats all. Any opinions or suggestions? Thank you, and I'm gonna be running it with a Rockford Fosgate Power T1000-1bd

Sounds like a great plan, I have one sitting in the house waiting to install and its a beast. I think it is around 45lbs, lol. Very impressive driver for sure. Good luck with it and let us know how it sounds!

I keep reading up on the high QTS option. Is this a mistake? I mean I'm 99% sure I'm gonna keep my sub in a sealed enclosure while I have it, but I've heard all this stuff about higher QTS eliminating a lot of low end. Does anyone know the facts on the high QTS option, and if it will take away my low end?

It wouldnt take away low end, its just best suited for a sealed encloser. I am going portedbut I love the way sealed sounds too.

The high QTS option removes metal from the motor (Lowering BL) allowing it to be better suited for sealed application. You can put a high QTS woofer in a ported enclosure, it will not blow up, cause nuclear war, or raise zombies from the ground it just won't sound optimal.

I would also suggest the cooling option.

The high QTS option removes metal from the motor (Lowering BL) allowing it to be better suited for sealed application. You can put a high QTS woofer in a ported enclosure, it will not blow up, cause nuclear war, or raise zombies from the ground it just won't sound optimal.

Whats BL stand for? :noob:

The motor force, how strong the motort is.

From what I hear the Q does great in both sealed and ported enclosures. It won't be lacking in the lower end area. This is coming from a SSA Icon fanboy....just do THE da*mn thang lol

Even though you have your heart set on sealed.. truly consider ported. It will get louder. The impact is sweet and crisp. Just louder with a ported set up. Tune low and you'll be happy. Your quest for loudness will eventually lead to a ported enclosure in the future. I have it fully loaded just without the extra spider. I have no complaints whatsoever.

buzz lightyear

Sign in to follow this