Elton

shoreted the speaker terminals

was installing my new to me sundown sae1200v1 i waned to set the gains with a dmm ..went to tighten down the screws and the dam bit fell out and arched the terminals it sparked everything shut off ..then came back on speakers make a weird hissing sound sub did work so i swapped the speaker amp for another hissing stopped but now the sub works then it dont not getting any reading with a dmm on the rca's

I think you blew the power supply...

check your fuses?

check your fuses?

there all good amps light up Edited by Elton

well the front and rear speaker rca's work but not the sub i tried to check with a dmm maybe its a pos cause i dont get nothing reads bat voltage fine

Best bet is to contact dB-r since they are the official repair facility for Sundown Audio.

thats where i got my amp had it a whole day wish the amp had allen screws none this would of happen

thats where i got my amp had it a whole day wish the amp had allen screws none this would of happen

Allen screws are the devil IMO.

really ? i sent a email to db-r hope i dont have my self 180 dollar paper weight

ok im for sure the pico fuse is blown but the sub worked for a min the cuts out

i also prefer allen screws over philips too when the right ones are used...

The allen screws used on power\ground are fine.. but when companies start using the itty bitty small ones on the remote and speaker terminals.. they are using the wrong type.

They need to be using DEEPER allen screws so the heads are not stripped.

I cant strip a power or ground but those smaller ones.. psssh... that's too easy.

i also prefer allen screws over philips too when the right ones are used...

The allen screws used on power\ground are fine.. but when companies start using the itty bitty small ones on the remote and speaker terminals.. they are using the wrong type.

They need to be using DEEPER allen screws so the heads are not stripped.

I cant strip a power or ground but those smaller ones.. psssh... that's too easy.

The remote screws are the worst.

I don't understand how you can still blame sundown for this. Even if they had used screws with allen heads on them, you still have the possibility of dropping a metal tool on the same location you did. What's the difference?