Sign in to follow this  
salgutierrez

new car new build

so, im trading in my tahoe and took out the 2 15 BLs. i loved how it hit with rap music and somewhat liked the performance with electro/house/etc. so i cant use these anymore so im going to sell them to a friend. now im getting a car and was wondering what would be a decent set up?

i was thinkin 2 10s or 2 12s Q sealed for space/volume reasons. i got 2 kickers 1000.1 topoewr each sub, should i get something else instead? i'll have to look at the car today and figure out my available work space after i do some homework(actual school homework, lawlz)

Im not sure yet lols

just hopin for some ideas i guess. i dont want the car to rattle, but i dont have alot of money atm to invest into it immediately. by not having alot of money im referring to go out and still have fun on the weekends(every other weekend now).

ideas???

if you loved the bl 15's why not get two bl 12's?

if you loved the bl 15's why not get two bl 12's?

box is gonna be too big, i think. im not pro box builder so i really dont know how to fiberglass and i want to be able to remove it neatly without any permanent customization incase i decide to sell later on. would need to make it ported= more space.

Try some sa 8s may be like 2 or 3 and there not to expensive

how about telling us what kind of vehicle you've bought and how much space you're willing to sacrifice ?

how about telling us what kind of vehicle you've bought and how much space you're willing to sacrifice ?

This^^ ... Also, you might be happy with some SSDs as well... Are you porting or sealing the enclosure?? That will make a difference as well...

audi a5, i want to be able to still use my trunk to an extent(bottles, luggage, etc)

This^^ ... Also, you might be happy with some SSDs as well... Are you porting or sealing the enclosure?? That will make a difference as well...

i was thinking sealed(listen to electro and rap, yah...) but might try ported with a more sq orientated sub? thats y i was thinking the Fi Q, might do some JLs 6s if my friend lets get them ( 2 10s, was thinking about trading my BLs for these since he wants to get an escalade) maybe some pioneers since i can probably get some cheap off of ebay or something.

i was thinking sealed(listen to electro and rap, yah...) but might try ported with a more sq orientated sub? thats y i was thinking the Fi Q, might do some JLs 6s if my friend lets get them ( 2 10s, was thinking about trading my BLs for these since he wants to get an escalade) maybe some pioneers since i can probably get some cheap off of ebay or something.

Porting using Aeroports will allow you to sacrifice less space.. also you could easily get the BL's reconed to 12's even 10's for around 100 bucks each + shipping..

Which is indeed CHEAPER then buying all new woofers.

doubt you'll srew up the sheetmetal in the trunk just to put in a few woofers , having a car like that , a bandpass enclosure just might be for you

Space requirement will be an issue , for musical preference I personally favour a 6th order bandpass over a 4th order bandpass enclosure ....

2x 12 if you have the space ... BL if your going 6th order .

doubt you'll srew up the sheetmetal in the trunk just to put in a few woofers , having a car like that , a bandpass enclosure just might be for you

Space requirement will be an issue , for musical preference I personally favour a 6th order bandpass over a 4th order bandpass enclosure ....

2x 12 if you have the space ... BL if your going 6th order .

\

yeah, tbh, im jsut looking for a slip in box, nothing TOO fancy. one of my friends wants to buy 1 15 off of me, if i can sell the other one, i might just get 2 12 Qs. Anyone try the Polk SRs?(i think its Sr?) im not looking to get loud like i had in my tahoe, just wanting that extra bump. the day before trade in, i was just listening to young jeezy on it loving the bass knowing i wouldnt be able to get to something like that for atleast 2 yrs, unless i win the lotta, lol.

I think you underestemate the sound coming from a 12inch or a 2x10 inch setup , you really want to look into a bandpass box ,bass that lingers in your trunk is not a problem that is solved with more cone area , although that is the solution most often used .

.so my friend wants to know the price for both my 15s and both amps, i was gonna sell one amp but he wants a package deal*

so i was lookin at some subs

2x JL 10" W6v2

2x Fi 10/12" Q

either set up probably in a sealed enclosure(i understnad this lets it more responsive and clearer bass/sq increase). i would need 2 amps for the Fis/ prolyl kickers aswell, found the 1000,1 on ebay for 300 and found a 1500.1 for 400$.