Sign in to follow this  
bassahaulic

Chevy Gauge LED Swap

Who has done this? I want to change my gauges color, I'm sure I could just dive in and do it.

But I want someone who has done it before to chime in and give me some tips and answer a few questions for me.

Does AutoZone carry what I need? O'Riellys? Napa? Pep Boys?

What was the hardest part of the swap?

Is the new color annoyingly bright at night?

I can post up a link from a tahoe forum with info on this if you want. it has pics and links to buy the bulbs. LKM.

I am going to change my bulb colors too.

I can post up a link from a tahoe forum with info on this if you want. it has pics and links to buy the bulbs. LKM.

I am going to change my bulb colors too.

The place it probably links to is www.superbrightleds.com. I was hoping a local retail store might carry them.

a bunch of guys on Blazerforum have done this and bought leds on Ebay. its not really hard the way we've done it but it does involve soldering

DSCN0144.jpg

thats in my truck. i got lazy and didn't angle the one at 40 properly causing a hot spot

super easy to do. use smd leds to get the brightest output...

36200924603AM9121.jpg

Link?

How many sockets do I need? I also wanna change the AC knobs, and headlight knob.

not sure how many sockets fullsizes use. mine needed 6. for the ac mine used 4x T5's. and the headlight has a led soldered in so i didnt bother...

How many sockets do I need? I also wanna change the AC knobs, and headlight knob.

not sure how many sockets fullsizes use. mine needed 6. for the ac mine used 4x T5's. and the headlight has a led soldered in so i didnt bother...

You have more gauges then I have. lol

So 6 should work fine.

SIC, thanks for those links, i had one go bad and just swapped the stocks back in. i'm going to buy those soon to redo my dash.

No problem. Glad to help out. I first used regular leds and had alot of bright spots. Switched to smd's and had even coverage. If anyone has any questions i'll be more then happy to help where i can.

thats pretty sick I AM A look into doing the LEDS

the only thing you can use at orilles is if you wanted to do just a regular halogen bulb, you just buy the plastic socket adapter and the colored bulb. which only works with 99-02 GM vehicles

But if your going with LEDs you gonna have to get it off the internet like they said.