Chevy350TPI

What Do You Listen To?

So, what are you listening to these days?

I find these threads are always good for me - bring back old favorites (forgotton, or just put aside for a while), discover new music (www.musicplasma.com BTW), etc.

I've had some metal blaring for the past little while. "Are You Dead Yet?" by Children of Bodom is a good album (and song) - some nut-shaking double kicks in there. God Forbid and Opeth have been getting some play time. Metallica, especially Enter Sandman, has been put on repeat more than once lately.

Classic rock ... always listening to that. Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, The Police, Nirvana, The Who, Tom Petty, Guns N' Roses, Genesis, and BTO have been on heavy rotation.

Not much country lately. The phase definitely comes and goes for me. Jason Aldean - Hick Town is a decent track.

Rancid, NOFX, Rise Against, Thrice, Sublime, AFI, The Clash, etc. Haven't listened to much of it all lately.

Hip-Hop/Rap ... a lot of junk gets played just so the uber can get a little bit of a workout once in a while. Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having is a pretty good CD. Busted out the Nate Dogg & Warren G - Regulate song the other day ... what a classic.

Metal, the real heavy stuff. Not half and half.

Lovin the Sirius, I sometimes listen to classic rock, jazz.

Thats about it, no wide tastes here. I'll play rap to demo for people. Bass CD's when I want to hear the roar of the goliath and smell some coil.

Smooth Jazz has taken top.

Lil bit of hip hop, normally what i listen to.

Disco is pretty good too.

Rock, all types... Taproot (GET IT, Blue Sky Research is the new album)...Audioslave...311...

And some Rap.

NG

SRV daily...

Tons of classic rock

Getting back into jazz and blues

Punk, indie, and emo

Minimal hip hop, r&b, and rap

Zero country

Just recently got Sirius hooked up (still owe Noah 50bones).

When I had the subs in I listened to alot of rap and bass CD's (since I had no mids) I'd drive around with Symphony in Peril in for a day every once in a while when I wanted really fast low bass beats.

Once I get the mids back in I'll probably listen to some jazz and classic rock, but quite frankly with just tweeters right now, there's no point in turning on the stereo except for a little background noise.

Mae

APC

Late Night Alumni

Various mainstream rap

Little bit of Thrice and Alkaline Trio

Late Night Alumni

Definitely some good stuff.

I want to get some more of the techno/trance/house sort of stuff. But it needs to have a fast beat - 'Seeminlgy Sleepy' is about the slowest I could ever deal with.

OutKast, Nirvana, Matt Good, Eminem, K-Os, Aceyalone, Wu-Tang, etc. is usually what I'll have on ... but I'll usually enjoy anything as long as it's not metal or country ...

I was listening to House of Pain and Run DMC last night, I'd have to say that I really enjoyed that stuff with the extremi.

Lollipop Lust Kill (a personal favorite)'s Jesus Chrysler was awesome, havn't heard it with quite that much energy before.

I goota burn me a good Crystal Method/Sublime CD so I can give them a go... can't imagine it would sound bad.

I really, REALLY want to get ahold of some Chevelle and Days of the New as the CD I had them on does not play anymore... (OOPS). As well as some Clapton... oh well, I'll get it eventually.

I really, REALLY want to get ahold of some Chevelle  As well as some Clapton... oh well, I'll get it eventually.

;) ;)

Grab me later when you're not <busy> doing >things< and we'll "talk" about \stuff/.

Late Night Alumni

I want to get some more of the techno/trance/house sort of stuff. But it needs to have a fast beat - 'Seeminlgy Sleepy' is about the slowest I could ever deal with.

I reccomend anything on the Om Records label. Also, Ian Pooley puts out some nice funky house compilations. Dennis, do I get credit for turning you on to that style, or did you find it on your own??

Late Night Alumni

I reccomend anything on the Om Records label. Also, Ian Pooley puts out some nice funky house compilations. Dennis, do I get credit for turning you on to that style, or did you find it on your own??

I've been listening to that type of music since 8th grade, but I have fluctuating genre periods where I like one genre and others go into remission.

as of recent I have been listening to mostly long live trance sets while I work out, other than that it is howard stern in the mornings on the way to the lab

I have been waiting for a while to post here, you guys already know that I am a nut but....

Here is the progression of what I have listened to over the past 15 years.

Junior/High School:

Started with heavy metal, in the hey day of Metallica, Ozzy, Megadeth

The next stop was early gangsta rap: Ice Cube, NWA, EazyE, Scarface

Followed by techno/trance: Moby, Messiah, KMFDM, Thrill Kill Cult

Early in college things took a turn towards the jam band realm: Grateful Dead, early Dave Matthews Band, Widespread, Hendrix and some reggae: Steel Pulse, Third World, Bob M.

This led to jazz, specifically I listened to a live Dizzy show and was hooked, the ultimate jam bands...led to a little fusion with the Mahavishnu Orchestra and Chick Corea. Now I am a big fan of Dave Holland, Dizzy, Strayhorn, and other more acoustic jazz--especially with a jammy bass player DH is awesome

Sometime in the middle of getting into Jazz, I found old school funk and fell in love for the same reasons. I still regularly listen to bands such as Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Sly & the family Stone, Funkadelic

And of course, right after school I moved to Chicago and starting listening to the blues.

Really the only things I don't listen to are: bands that recorded after 1995 (not that it was a good year), country, and hardly any classical.

I have found that I prefer to listen to long drawn out jams mostly on my own (perfect for long car rides) and listen to shorter, faster, and more intense music when I have passengers.

Today I listen to a little of all of the above! It makes it a bear to try and bring music along in the car though. I can't wait for an SQ deck that plays double layer DVD's in FLAC format, that will be great!