Frostedflakejake

Headlights! - opinion needed

Hello! I was hoping some guys could help me with some simple opinions on what you would do! I ride a 2010 Buell Lightning xb12ss and I was thinking about changing the headlights and ran across some possibilities that i think are rather cool! Problem is that there are different color options and i just can't decide! All color options require some custom fitting in the headlight assembly housing. First, for reference, there will be a pic of the bike! (old, before some visually appealing mods were done) Then some pictures of the different lights im considering. What i would like is for people to state what they think would look best! Either pick a color, or simply tell me to leave it stock! There are 4 options for lights. A blue halo with red projectors, a white halo with blue projectors, a blue halo with clear projectors (look blue in photos but it says they are clear!), and stock. Onto pics!

redlight.gif

^ red projectors with blue halos

lights.jpg

^ different angle of red projectors with blue halos

lights3.jpg

^white halos with blue projector

lights2.jpg

^ blue halos clear projector (looks blue to me)

-3_11.jpg

^another picture of the blue halos and clear projector.

BuellwithGB.jpg

^picture of bike

buellwithgb2.jpg

^sideview of bike.

To give you an idea of the style im going for... kind of batman meets evil. This is the helmet im getting as soon as i find a local store with them stock so i can try on different sizes. Recognize it??

helmet.jpg

Thanks for your time!

i'm not a huge fan of halos so i'd have to say get the clear halo with blue. but if you're going for the "evil" look, i'd say red projector.

Thanks for your opinon! I agree with you, i really wish they made a white halo with red projector =[

:thanx:

I prefer stock over those halos. How bright are these aftermarket lights?

Man i think i like the blue halo with the clear lens - but i think what would look really nice with your style would be a red halo with a clear lense - that would match the helmet nicely - do they make one with a red halo???? or maybe even a clear halo with a red lense - i am just not sure i like the blue with the red??

love the bike bro - sweet

All the colors they have are here, excpet for green and blue which ISN'T happening. lol. Thanks for the input guys =] i appreciate it

any love for the white halo and blue projector? i like that one as well!

Make sure the projects have good cuts off's and are made of good quality parts.

hmmm thanks guys. I may leave it alone... i dunno if i can though! I like to keep busy!

Lights are 6000k HID's 35watts

If going for the menacing look the red projector is gonna fit best. But be really careful when and where you show them, depending on how bright they are, it is VERY illegal to have a red or true blue forward facing on a vehicle. They are reserved for emergency vehicles only, now getting past my public service announcement. Does the red projectors shine red, or are just hinted with the color? If they shine red, they will be very dim and useless when driving. But best of luck, i wish i carried stuff for bikes, i would be able to assist further in your parts search. Best of luck!

Oh guys!!! The light shines through clear! Red/blue light doesn't come out of the projectors! They just... somehow look red and blue. here is a link to the ebay posting and if you scroll down you will see a picture of the light that comes through. I mean, i by no way pretend to understand how that works, but the picture definately shows clear light coming through!

Lights here!

BUT TRP you do raise a concern about the blue halo... i agree that the halo being blue would probably be illegal and get me into trouble. Good thinking there.

Alright so from what i read on the link, it means there is a red light that is inside the housing, and when switched on it will shine red. But i am guessing with HID's on also, the light will not be visible, more just for crusing parking lots, things to that affect where not having lights on will be a big concern. But the Halo appears to be almost a light blue, or white with a tint of blue. I would ask some local cops what the law states as far as that goes, here in AZ i have been told that if the lights have a base of white, no matter what other color they are they are normally good to go, depends on the cop and how they are felling really. But every state is different, try and ask around or search the Michigan law books. Just dont want you to buy them and then be assed out because you got a ticket and had to remove them. Again best of luck!! If i can help in anyway please feel free to ask!

Thanks a ton man! :+1:

The cops down near my families place (where i am over the summer) are RIDICULOUS so i may just keep it stock. Ahhh I hate making decisions like this! You've been a lot of help! =]

Not a problem man, being a shop owner i personally like to make sure people, especially my customers, are aware of situations that they might encounter. Not saying that i know everything, and all possible situations. But i try and explain at least the ones that i have encountered or are aware of. I personally need to read up on the new AZ laws, they are getting pretty strict around here. And i have to say i have seen and installed alot of Halo systems, and nothing have ever gotten back to me that they were a problem, i actually had a customer have one halo go out, cop pulled him over and said to make sure they were both in working order, or neither on at all. And they are a blueish white halo. Either way man, GL with your decision!!

If you look at Umnitza's website or call them they have multicolor angel eyes and halos really nice lighting accessories for bmws and some others, they should have a certain size halo to replace the one you have.

You should look into the FXR projector (bixenon projector) from them also. They also carry nice leds, hids, and replica bmw parts