ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

There's tons of sweet rides everywhere, just gotta look around. The escalade with kicker stuff was from tucson! :P

So for those that don't know, CrazyKenKid lent me his hyperdynamics meter (make it louder) so I could do some testing :drink40:

(I hope this doesn't get everyone and their neighbor PMing him though... Getting it here was a pain, USPS lost track of it, said it was at one office then another, then on route, then no idea. Finally got it though!)

I've read that these meters are fairly accurate to a TL, how accurate? Not sure, guessing within a db or two (at least in the range I'm playing around in).

So take it for whatever it's worth...

Mounted mic on left side of windshield, vehicle sealed up.

36hz 147.75db

Didn't write down the other sealed up results because my voltage was dropping after each run, so the scores couldn't be consistent.

Mounted mic on left side of windshield, passenger window down.

36hz 148.76db

38hz 149.66db

Voltage drop was pretty bad, low 12s, and high 11s for a few seconds.

Going to charge the batteries and do a couple more runs tomorrow, perhaps I can get it a tad higher.

TL results are in...

Mic at headrest, passenger window down. 146.7db at 38hz

Hopefully new alt will improve score :ughdunno:

hey no worries man! any time I can help out no problem!

it is funny though how it was almost 3db differences from the TL vs the Makeitlouder meter. because when I was using it was always +/- 0.75db on average versus a TL my buddy has. but I blame your DMM lol! o well what was the TL score when the meter was on the window sealed up and one window down? do you remember off hand? also was the headrest the loudest point in your car hence why you put it on the headrest?

also if anyone else would like to borrow the make it louder meter just drop me a PM and we can work something out. especially now since it is in the states and shipping shouldn't be an issue!

but hey stefam you got the meter for as long as you want and if you make a change to your setup you can see it on this meter but I guess you can subtract a good 2db's from that score lol! actually if you want you can re-cal that meter on your pc for me!

So for those that don't know, CrazyKenKid lent me his hyperdynamics meter (make it louder) so I could do some testing :drink40:

(I hope this doesn't get everyone and their neighbor PMing him though... Getting it here was a pain, USPS lost track of it, said it was at one office then another, then on route, then no idea. Finally got it though!)

I've read that these meters are fairly accurate to a TL, how accurate? Not sure, guessing within a db or two (at least in the range I'm playing around in).

36hz 147.75db

Didn't write down the other sealed up results because my voltage was dropping after each run, so the scores couldn't be consistent.

36hz 148.76db

38hz 149.66db

Going to charge the batteries and do a couple more runs tomorrow, perhaps I can get it a tad higher.

TL results are in...

it is funny though how it was almost 3db differences from the TL vs the Makeitlouder meter. because when I was using it was always +/- 0.75db on average versus a TL my buddy has. but I blame your DMM lol! o well what was the TL score when the meter was on the window sealed up and one window down? do you remember off hand? also was the headrest the loudest point in your car hence why you put it on the headrest?

also if anyone else would like to borrow the make it louder meter just drop me a PM and we can work something out. especially now since it is in the states and shipping shouldn't be an issue!

but hey stefam you got the meter for as long as you want and if you make a change to your setup you can see it on this meter but I guess you can subtract a good 2db's from that score lol! actually if you want you can re-cal that meter on your pc for me!

Not sure how to calibrate it :P And my dmm certainly isn't fancy, but I figured if it's reading a constant voltage then it's probably working :ughdunno:

Perhaps because we're at different altitudes and climates? :ughdunno:

All TL runs were with driver window down and and mic at passenger headrest, but I did my testing vice versa, I probably shouldn't have switched lol.

Meca runs are all at the headrest, but since I didn't have a meca stand or anything, I just stuck the mic on the windshield.

Only problem about trying to subtract 2dbs from the score is, db levels are logarithmic not linear.

I have a couple people this week that would like to get metered, and I probably won't have my alt in for a few months or so, so next week I'll ship the meter out (just let me know if I'm shipping it back to you or someone else)

Thanks

@KrazyKenKid props to you bro. That is awesome that you are willing to help guys out by borrowing your equipment.

@stefanhinote nice numbers man but you knew Volvos were loud :attempt: Did you take any pics from the show?

@KrazyKenKid props to you bro. That is awesome that you are willing to help guys out by borrowing your equipment.

@stefanhinote nice numbers man but you knew Volvos were loud :attempt: Did you take any pics from the show?

Didn't take any pictures. It should be very interesting to see the new output once I get a real alt :)

Once that's all done, I'm going to have to sit back and think real hard on my next approach for output :trippy:

36hz 147.75db

36hz 148.76db

38hz 149.66db

TL results are in...

Not sure how to calibrate it :P And my dmm certainly isn't fancy, but I figured if it's reading a constant voltage then it's probably working :ughdunno:

Perhaps because we're at different altitudes and climates? :ughdunno:

All TL runs were with driver window down and and mic at passenger headrest, but I did my testing vice versa, I probably shouldn't have switched lol.

Meca runs are all at the headrest, but since I didn't have a meca stand or anything, I just stuck the mic on the windshield.

Only problem about trying to subtract 2dbs from the score is, db levels are logarithmic not linear.

I have a couple people this week that would like to get metered, and I probably won't have my alt in for a few months or so, so next week I'll ship the meter out (just let me know if I'm shipping it back to you or someone else)

Thanks

good point man!

Started doing the doors...again... :P

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Tomorrow I have to do some light sanding, another layer over to make everything smoother, and the orbital sander I ordered is showing up.

ooooh, those look like they're going to turn out PRIME. Keep it up. :detail:

ooooh, those look like they're going to turn out PRIME. Keep it up. :detail:

Thanks, I hope so!

Ah 'glassing doors, fun stuff!

What release are you using between the tape and 'glass?

I see a different approach to your glassing from the last time. Looks Awesome!! Practice makes Perfect!! Do Work!! :detail:

Looking good bro :popcorn:

do you plan on vinyl matching or painting them? looks good tho.

I haven't decided yet, depending on how smooth I can get them with the sander, I may just paint them.

Ah 'glassing doors, fun stuff! What release are you using between the tape and 'glass?

Depending on the resin, some has wax which helps. Although I don't believe mine did. I didn't use anything between the tape and fiberglass, just waited til it was hard, started prying a little around the edges and it popped off.

But I could see where if you were doing some very contour or odd shapes that it would grab on and never want to come off :P

I see a different approach to your glassing from the last time. Looks Awesome!! Practice makes Perfect!! Do Work!! :detail:

Yeah I always figured doing a small pod to fill in the map pocket / speaker area would be the easiest and look the best, but after trying so many times I just decided "fuck it" and glassed the whole lower half, seems to be working out :D

Looking good bro :popcorn:

:thanx:

Yeah I always figured doing a small pod to fill in the map pocket / speaker area would be the easiest and look the best, but after trying so many times I just decided "fuck it" and glassed the whole lower half, seems to be working out :D

I agree. I have faith! haha

excursion was sick and the glassin' is def alot better than last time...

excursion was sick and the glassin' is def alot better than last time...

Thanks, yeah there's a lot of excursion, I just hope when my amp is finally set that the xcons can handle it.