onebadmonte

Battery Rack ?'s

Hey, what's up everybody? So, I've got this build going:

My Build

I'm working on the battery rack and would like to get some thoughts on this design I've got. I've changed it up a little bit from what I had in my build. Let me know what you think, what you'd change, maybe what some of you have done or are doing now. Now some pics:

Here is deal. Chevy Suburban with the batteries between the frame rails where the spare tire would be. Here we are looking down on the setup.

b3.jpg

Looking from the bottom up.

b4.jpg

Here is a close up of the hanger. The tangerine pieces are 1/4" plate. The gray angles are 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" by 1/8" thick angle irons. The hangers are held in place to the frame rails with two 1/2" bolts on the side and a 3/4 bolt through the bottom of the frame rail.

b2.jpg

Here is a close up from the bottom up. The hangers attach to the bottom of the battery rack with four 1/2" bolts per side.

b1.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

I like it, looks like it would be strong as hell, should hold the weight of all those batts no problem.

Shit looks good Buddy. Why not weld the rack to the frame?

Are you going to drop them in from above? or?

I only know of one other SUV done like that ... I think it turned out good :ughdunno:

I only know of one other SUV done like that ... I think it turned out good :ughdunno:

Na, there is a few out there now. As big as these trucks are, you still run out of room for bats. :ughdunno:

I like it!

Shit looks good Buddy. Why not weld the rack to the frame?

Are you going to drop them in from above? or?

Thanks.

The batteries will assemble onto the rack, then the whole setup will be lifted into place and secured onto the frame with the mentioned bolts. I went with bolt in for serviceability. Once it's all bolted together the batteries will not come out.

I like it, looks like it would be strong as hell, should hold the weight of all those batts no problem.

Thanks. I hope so, we're talking just over 550lbs worth of batteries.

:popcorn:

Awe, come on man. Get up and help. Don't just sit there and watch the train wreck. :roflmao:

i just put my set up in my new lincoln.. changed the drive-ability in a huge way.