slick11419

BTL N312

Hey guys.. just a prospective Fi Audio customer. Wanted to know a couple of things.. in terms of RMS.. for the 2010 BTL N312 is 3000 the max rms? Also what would be the peak then.. i'm figuring that the max would be 6000, but not sure.

Another question... i know that a subwoofer's so called "loudness" has to do with the box and proper electrical and amplifier... but what would be a better sounding sub in accordance with reggae and rap.. as in deep tones.. the SOLOX or N312?

Thanks. please explain pros and cons of each. Much Appreciated!

The Fi BTL N3 is made for strictly SPL, no daily music. Look at the BTL Fi.N2 (2000 watts rms), i had a link up but it didn't work for some odd reason.

Edited by reelfish92

The Fi BTL N3 is made for strictly SPL, no daily music. Look at the BTL Fi.N2 (2000 watts rms), i had a link up but it didn't work for some odd reason.

No wonder I wasn't seeing any daily or SPL option on it... lol.. so that means the SOLOX is can put out more in terms of RMS (considering I would put both in a proper box and amp to push with proper electrical of course)!

The link did work lol.

No wonder I wasn't seeing any daily or SPL option on it... lol.. so that means the SOLOX is can put out more in terms of RMS (considering I would put both in a proper box and amp to push with proper electrical of course)!

Being rated higher does not mean it will be louder.

Being rated higher does not mean it will be louder.

I'm thinking I'm gonna go with two N2's... that should be loud enough to wake me neighboor who sleeps all day and parties all night and robs me of my sleep during the night... haha payback's a bitch.. :suicide-santa:

..Loud you dont even know lol its going to be crazy!

..Loud you dont even know lol its going to be crazy!

I got high expectations man! Cannot wait.. excepting to pop even one or two hairtricks... :lol2:

I am waiting on my 18" N2 to arrive, I will let you know how it works out.I have high expectations, since Fi has such a great reputation.

I wasn't really impressed with Kicker since my friends 2 15" L7s ($599.99 each!) in a custom built (by a proffessional) ported box in a suburban powered by a Powerbass 4000, produced just as much bass as my old 2 12" JBL p1222s ($250 each) (I used a Soundstream pcx2000d, and pushed 400 watts into each) in a premade ported box in a yukon. I didn't think my subs would be as loud as a system with 3000 watts lol, my buddy even commented "yours are just as loud, but cleaner".

I wasn't really impressed with Kicker since my friends 2 15" L7s ($599.99 each!) in a custom built (by a proffessional) ported box in a suburban powered by a Powerbass 4000, produced just as much bass as my old 2 12" JBL p1222s ($250 each) (I used a Soundstream pcx2000d, and pushed 400 watts into each) in a premade ported box in a yukon. I didn't think my subs would be as loud as a system with 3000 watts lol, my buddy even commented "yours are just as loud, but cleaner".

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from that story. Doesn't really demonstrate much of anything.

See I've heard a SOLOX up close and personal... Its SQ sucks ass, but can get stupid loud. I want both SQ and SPL and I'm thinking that the Fi n2 can do that. Plus I don't think I could build a box big enough to fit in my car with one 12inch SOLOX. Shit has to be massive. Two 12's can fit in my trunk.. ported. No more groceries in my trunk after this. lol

See I've heard a SOLOX up close and personal... Its SQ sucks ass, but can get stupid loud.

Keep in mind the enclosure, vehicle and system tuning has as much to do with the sound as the subwoofer itself. Simply listening to a driver doesn't qualify someone to make factual statements about it's performance, nor does it mean you received an accurate representation of it's performance characteristics. Your experience might have been negative simply because the system was designed with SPL as the primary goal rather than maintaining relatively decent sound, or a dozen other factors.

I'm not saying that the SoloX is necessarily the best driver for you, or the better option of the two. The Fi very well could be a better option for your goals. I'm simply clarifying that having "listened" to a driver is not as meaningful as people make it seem. This applies to all speakers, not just the SoloX. People misinterpret having "listened" to a speaker, or even owning one, as qualifying them to make factual statements about it's performance without considering the all of the factors involved in and contributing to that listening experience. What sounds like ass in one system might sound like magic in another.

See I've heard a SOLOX up close and personal... Its SQ sucks ass, but can get stupid loud.

Keep in mind the enclosure, vehicle and system tuning has as much to do with the sound as the subwoofer itself. Simply listening to a driver doesn't qualify someone to make factual statements about it's performance, nor does it mean you received an accurate representation of it's performance characteristics. Your experience might have been negative simply because the system was designed with SPL as the primary goal rather than maintaining relatively decent sound, or a dozen other factors.

I'm not saying that the SoloX is necessarily the best driver for you, or the better option of the two. The Fi very well could be a better option for your goals. I'm simply clarifying that having "listened" to a driver is not as meaningful as people make it seem. This applies to all speakers, not just the SoloX. People misinterpret having "listened" to a speaker, or even owning one, as qualifying them to make factual statements about it's performance without considering the all of the factors involved in and contributing to that listening experience. What sounds like ass in one system might sound like magic in another.

Quite true, but this person who had the solox has been in the audio industry for 15 years. He did the big 3.. perfect enclosure according to SOLOX specs on their website and was powering it with a 2500D. It just sounded really bad.. just messy. Like I said it got hella loud.. but as in SQ.. not really for solox. I would say that its a SPL, cuz it sounded perfect on one or two tones.. but the rest was ass.

Quite true, but this person who had the solox has been in the audio industry for 15 years. He did the big 3.. perfect enclosure according to SOLOX specs on their website and was powering it with a 2500D. It just sounded really bad.. just messy. Like I said it got hella loud.. but as in SQ.. not really for solox. I would say that its a SPL, cuz it sounded perfect on one or two tones.. but the rest was ass.

Kicker knows 99% of people who buy a woofer like the Solo-X aren't going for sound quality, hence their enclosure was made for loud.

Like Kicker's slogan, "Livin' Loud", not "Livin' Loud With Sound Quality Sometimes"

Like Kicker's slogan, "Livin' Loud", not "Livin' Loud With Sound Quality Sometimes"

lol true that, but he said it was his DD, so I have no clue. I just know that I'm a new Fi Customer.

Quick question.. what amp should I go with to power two N2 12's? (beside Sundown amps).

lol true that, but he said it was his DD, so I have no clue. I just know that I'm a new Fi Customer.

Quick question.. what amp should I go with to power two N2 12's? (beside Sundown amps).

Tons of choices, budget?

Eh, judging by your concern with peak ratings, I don't think you have near the electrical that an amp for two n2s would be demanding.

Eh, judging by your concern with peak ratings, I don't think you have near the electrical that an amp for two n2s would be demanding.

if you say so buddy. I already did the big 3.. plus two extra batteries in the back. Just waiting for the subs and whichever amp someone here suggests. Haven't ordered the subs though.. just waiting for it to get a bit warm to do the actual install. My electrical is set and ready (this whole winter has been about my electrical) so yea..

Tons of choices, budget?

Anything under 1G.. don't mind going with two mono's if that has to happen. I would rather a two channel though for space is kind of limited.