Sign in to follow this  
oestjo

15 inch l7 1000w stock electrical?

Would it be ok to run a 15 inch l7 on a zx1000 or would i need a battery upgrade. Because if i need a battery upgrade then i would bump up my amp to a 1500. Its just a money issue

We cant determine whether or not you will need additional electrical upgrades. Do the big three, wire everything up, and monitor your voltage drop. THEN go from there.

i dont have enough money to d the big three thats why im asking if anyone would have any ideas if i would need a battery if im running a 15 inch l7 witha zx1500

More than likely you will be ok as the Kicker amp is rated for 2 ohm mono. But as stated above do the "Big 3" and monitor voltage drop if any. Purchase quality wire the first time around and do it right. I would recommend going with 0 or 1/0 gauge as more than likely you will be upgrading in the future.

yeah iwas going to get the stinger 1/0 wire kit. So with that do you think ill be fine without a battery? sorry i just need some help

yeah iwas going to get the stinger 1/0 wire kit. So with that do you think ill be fine without a battery? sorry i just need some help

Are you talking about adding an additional battery?

Are you talking about adding an additional battery?

yes

You don't need the zx 1500 for this sub. the zx 1000 is "made" for it !

That would leave you some money for some feet of 0 ga wire and some connectors to do the big 3. It would be better. but it can work without. Just install and check your voltage to see if you have voltage drops.

i dont have enough money to d the big three thats why im asking if anyone would have any ideas if i would need a battery if im running a 15 inch l7 witha zx1500

you dont have enough money to do the big 3... but you have enough to get an additional battery and get a zx1500.1 instead of the 1000.1???

You can find a cheaper amp than that Kicker.

What VC do you have on it ?

DVC 4 : you play at 2 Ohms (or 8 !)

DVC2 : you play at 1 ohm (or 4).

Playing at 1 ohm will be cheaper, 1000 watts at 1 ohm can be cheaper than 1000 at 2 ohms.

It's not worth / safe running a 1500 watts amp to that sub.

big 3 1st, it's cheap and you can do it yourself

i think u should be good.i have a zx1500.1 on 2 12" mtx 9500's in my '95 ranger and alls i did was add a extra boat battery and its fine now. i think a zx1000 would be a max for a stock electrical syste,. meaning it should be fine but i wouldnt recommend adding anything else that draws power